Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that sux!
Yesterday I removed my hard top for the first time. I drove around my neighborhood crusing the park for guys! LOL I was looking for that extra set of hands. I found a landscaper who was a really cool guy. Turned out to be a car guy. He followed me home (man, this story sounds bad!) and helped me pull the roof off and place it on wood on a tarp in my yard. It was VERY easy. I was surprised. Doesn't feel like 95lbs. And we had to lift it high to clear my 3' CB antenna. Then I tried to pay him (this story keeps getting worse!) but he wouldn't accept any money. Maybe that was for the best so I can't be charged with soliciting!

Anyway, NOW I'M FINALLY TOPLESS. (sheesh, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse!). Here are my pics:

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to make a hoist...but it is not my house..Gov quarters. Any advice would be good....ohhh and no wife no more so 2nd set of hands is out...and I don't think the cheating ho bag's boyfriend would help either.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=adamisadam;1092192]Wow, that sux!
Yesterday I removed my hard top for the first time. I drove around my neighborhood crusing the park for guys! LOL I was looking for that extra set of hands. I found a landscaper who was a really cool guy. Turned out to be a car guy. He followed me home (man, this story sounds bad!) and helped me pull the roof off and place it on wood on a tarp in my yard. It was VERY easy. I was surprised. Doesn't feel like 95lbs. And we had to lift it high to clear my 3' CB antenna. Then I tried to pay him (this story keeps getting worse!) but he wouldn't accept any money. Maybe that was for the best so I can't be charged with soliciting!

Anyway, NOW I'M FINALLY TOPLESS. (sheesh, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse!). Here are my pics:"

Don't ask, don't tell.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

this week, my JK got lonely...

finally got around to putting my old broken down XJ for sale... been putting it off mostly 'cause I loved that old Jeep and didn't want to let it go... but I needed to, and really it had just been sitting out there for the last month doing absolutely nothing... put it up on craigslist late monday night, had it sold by this morning... now my JK looks sad out there without his driveway buddy... guess I'll have to buy some mods to help it through the grieving process...
Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Default A lot of little things...

Installed my Benchmark Designs Evap Skip plate - took all of 5 mins after admiring it for 10 min.
Put my carpets back in after a week of drying. Nose dive at Wharton.
Installed the Silverstar bulbs I purchased from another member. MAN those are a pain to get at with big hands.
Raided the construction dumpster for OSB left overs (5/8" and 1/2" sheet ends). I made a trunk for the Jeep since I had the top off all last weekend.
Installed my Cobra 75 last night. The Firestik bracket I fabed is drying, so tonight I will finish.
Put my hard top back on since it suppose to rain in PA the rest of the week. Found out my new trunk has a flaw. My access panel hits my rear window frame.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Wow, that sux!

Anyway, NOW I'M FINALLY TOPLESS. (sheesh, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse!).
Looks good Adam... check out my gallery. I made a hoist last year in my garage for taking the top off... Easy as pie.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side Window Vents

Just installed the side window vents.

I couldn't believe the dealer had the best price I could find

Old 04-30-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bobzinger
Looks good Adam... check out my gallery. I made a hoist last year in my garage for taking the top off... Easy as pie.
thanks.
I don't want to go the hoist route because I have way too many lights in my garage (800+watts) that I don't want to block. (and an acre of land to put it on)
Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put Rain X on my windshield. All this rain crap this spring motivated me to do it. And vacuumed the interior this week after having the top off all of last week. I was starting to grow trees inside...
Old 04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

The LoD trail rack finally arrived!

Last edited by SnakeDriver; 04-30-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?