Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my winch, rockhard evap skid (easiest install in the world) and some quickfists for a shovel. next project is bedline rear and install lockable storage!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deanthemachine04
Got my winch, rockhard evap skid (easiest install in the world)

dean..talk to me about the evap skid? Several JK owners in our club bought some hose, and clamps and moved theirs back underneath behind the real axel, (after they've had it torn off on trailrides) They said it wasn't too hard to do, but if there IS an EVAP Skip plate that will cover the EVAP canister in its Current location and protect it, and it is easy to install, than I am very interested in doing that!! Thanks

TimzToy
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered the Highrock Element Doors, Enclosures, upper halfs and RR mirror relocation brackets. I'll have them next week and the full doors will be stored until winter. Can't wait.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TimzToy
dean..talk to me about the evap skid? Several JK owners in our club bought some hose, and clamps and moved theirs back underneath behind the real axel, (after they've had it torn off on trailrides) They said it wasn't too hard to do, but if there IS an EVAP Skip plate that will cover the EVAP canister in its Current location and protect it, and it is easy to install, than I am very interested in doing that!! Thanks

TimzToy
Do the relocation. It's easy. Takes some time, but easy. I have pics of where/how I did mine on my web site. There are many write-ups on it.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Do the relocation. It's easy. Takes some time, but easy. I have pics of where/how I did mine on my web site. There are many write-ups on it.
where is the link to your site?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Skids

I installed both the Rancho Oil Pan Skid as well as the BenchMark Design Evac Can Skid. Like them both - the Ranch is stuck on the oil pan using RTV Silicon (use 2x4 and jack stands to press it on for 24 hours). The Evac Skid just uses the factory 3 bolts (just unhook the connectors first ;o)) drop it in the skid - bolt it back up - done.
Good stuff

Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

i need to get one of those oil pan skids i dented mine a bit some how
Old 04-15-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

Switched back to the Summer 35's on Pintlers....OEM Rubi tires and wheels away till winter

Also due for the front and rear diff oil to be dropped, and in with the fresh Royal Purple....

No up to date pics sorry......
Old 04-15-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default evap skid

Where did you get that evap skid? Looks solid!

Originally Posted by KSU_MAN_JK33
I installed both the Rancho Oil Pan Skid as well as the BenchMark Design Evac Can Skid. Like them both - the Ranch is stuck on the oil pan using RTV Silicon (use 2x4 and jack stands to press it on for 24 hours). The Evac Skid just uses the factory 3 bolts (just unhook the connectors first ;o)) drop it in the skid - bolt it back up - done.
Good stuff

Old 04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
adamisasam, where is the link to your website?
As nice as those EVAP skids look, $115.00 shipped vs $20.00 - $30.00 for some rubber hoses, clamps and maybe heat tape to go around the hoses, and a little time..I'm staring to like the Re-location idea real quick!! lol, but those skids DO look tough and very easy to install.

TimzToy

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?