Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-11-2021, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

my best guess on an 08 is all those that came before....see post 3

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...5/#post3152666

Old 06-12-2021, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Dropped my Jeep off at the shop to have the gears swapped to 5.13, "C"'s gusseted, and the ball joints changed to Rare Parts. They will also be putting in the Adams 1350 front and rear driveshafts and adjusting the front pinion/caster angle since I swapped out the 2.5" MC springs for 3.5.

I'm heading back to work in Hazleton for a few weeks so they have plenty of time to do the work and hopefully the next time I am home my 37's will be ready for me to pick up at Summit Racing.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by chiapeteater
Dropped my Jeep off at the shop to have the gears swapped to 5.13, "C"'s gusseted, and the ball joints changed to Rare Parts. They will also be putting in the Adams 1350 front and rear driveshafts and adjusting the front pinion/caster angle since I swapped out the 2.5" MC springs for 3.5.

I'm heading back to work in Hazleton for a few weeks so they have plenty of time to do the work and hopefully the next time I am home my 37's will be ready for me to pick up at Summit Racing.
This sounds great. I'm on 5.13s with 37s and I think it's perfect. I have the same driveshafts also and I'm very happy with them.

My Jeep is in the garage with the radiator/ac condenser out. I had bought a condenser from someone, possibly here, and it turns out it's the unit for the diesel so it's smaller. I'll pick one up tomorrow (hopefully) and get it changed out. The stocker got bashed in with the drag link clamp so I'll have to adjust that as well. That clamp also crushed a wire loom and gave me some issues on the trail last weekend so I'll be extending that harness up and over that round crossmember so it's never in the way again. I also need to find what sounds like a dragging brake which should be easy enough. So nothing fun but I'm looking forward to air conditioning and fewer warning lights on the dash.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Installed JL hood latches on my JK.
I did not drill the bottom fender holes out. I removed the plastic pins and the base bolted up fine.
Upon removing the JK original upper hold down I found that the top hole was elongated, so I got out the Dremel and elongated the bottom to match the top.
Very very little grinding necessary.
This took about an hour from getting out the tools, to cleaning up.
Not sure that I like it. Gonna go a few days and see if it grows on me, if not, I'll just pick up new JK latches, as mine are faded to no end.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New project

Hey all........... First of all I want you all to know that im stubborn , old, and determined........My new project is regearing my JK and installing a new Derale 15800 trans cooler.........I i am doing it right and using braided line..............I am going from the transmission directly to the cooler as it has a fan and is damn near as big as my radiator........I am mounting it where the old muffler was located before the cat back......My issue is this............the fittings in the 42RLE trans are an odd size............... 7/8 - 14 NPT ............I want to go straight from that fitting to eventually get to -6 AN to the cooler and of course back........ Now trust me when I tell you that I am fairly resourceful as I have been a mechanic and non professional weekend warrior for a very long time..............I cannot find that fitting or adapter anywhere..............I am not going to settle for just hooking to the old steel cooler lines and have a leaking connection that i have to constantly worry about while out wheeling..........I am asking for anyone whom has ever done anything like this or know a great place to get odd fittings.............I know that somewhere out there there is an adapter or fitting that i can get that will take me from this odd 7/8 - 14 to a 3/4 or 1/2 something.................Anyone care to help???
Old 06-18-2021, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

I fixed that wiring harness. This is what I found under there

3 wires completely cut, another dozen in various states of broken, corroded and likely making some interesting connections through the missing insulation. The Jeep ran really well for such an electrical dumpster fire. With the rad out it's actually very roomy in there. The loom pulled up enough to work from up top, which was great.

17 wires fixed in total. One of which was that ground, which was completely obliterated. I'm waiting till the radiator is back in to figure out where to secure everything so it fits and stays out of the way.

I rotated those drag link brackets too, once it's running I'll cycle the suspension and check for interference.

Last edited by icrashbikes; 06-18-2021 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Installed a Artec Truss on the front axle

Old 06-23-2021, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Installed 2.5" lift, color matched fenders, cowl guards and Poison Spider sun shade.

The following users liked this post:
barnettd (08-10-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jack Handy's First Time Moments.

Finally got to put on the soft top, for the first time.

'18 jku recon 33"
The following users liked this post:
ctopher86 (07-21-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New side rails

Needed these for wife and small kids to get in and out with.

1st attempt square with a high and tight tuck, no go for the family.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?