Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 03-14-2021, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Y'all and these upgrades. I got to track down a leak and replace a front pinion seal (installer/ self inflicted error), then go see what's screeching in the rear end (after I just installed new pads a few weeks back).....to find out it's my new pads that have come unglued from their base plate. Needless to say, those hit the trash and I'm glad I kept my old pads. So new pads are getting ordered, oh, and I've got a massive oil/ coolant leak so it looks like I get the pleasure of a lower intake manifold job along with all of that fun. It's alright though, I'm at 234k miles and it's been pretty trouble free so I can't complain but so much.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Added a no-drill MOLLE tailgate panel from Overland Outfitters to the tailgate of TWSTR! Installation only took about 20 minutes and I am super happy with how it came out! And it really helped clean up my truck space, especially with a 2 DR JK and made a lot of things a lot more accessible!

Old 03-15-2021, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Y'all and these upgrades. I got to track down a leak and replace a front pinion seal (installer/ self inflicted error), then go see what's screeching in the rear end (after I just installed new pads a few weeks back).....to find out it's my new pads that have come unglued from their base plate. Needless to say, those hit the trash and I'm glad I kept my old pads. So new pads are getting ordered, oh, and I've got a massive oil/ coolant leak so it looks like I get the pleasure of a lower intake manifold job along with all of that fun. It's alright though, I'm at 234k miles and it's been pretty trouble free so I can't complain but so much.
That oil cooler isn't a bad project. Takes some time and there's plenty of disassembly but it's straightforward. and at 234k miles, I'd call it a win! Mine went around 100-125. I used it as an opportunity to replace all the dried up, brittle wire loom with good heat shielding.

Look at that swamp

Last edited by icrashbikes; 03-15-2021 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 410 Likes on 385 Posts

Driveway Job.. Installed Crown Big Brake Kit= Fronts on the 2016.. took a while bleeding out Air... Stops better now.. will bleed again next weekend to ensure all the AIR is out.. Really Nice Kit; and NO did not change M/cyl.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:57 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Driveway Job.. Installed Crown Big Brake Kit= Fronts on the 2016.. took a while bleeding out Air... Stops better now.. will bleed again next weekend to ensure all the AIR is out.. Really Nice Kit; and NO did not change M/cyl.
That is basically what I ended up with, cept a bastardized version due to an axle swap around the same time. Now I have the TF rotors with the Crown calipers and caliper brackets. I tried to do the Mopar J8 booster and MC at the same time and it was a s-show. Went back to, and am still running, the factory '12+ MC and booster. It seems fine to me, but I'm also not some Formula 1 or Nascar driver.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got myself an overhead gun rack to be used for hunting soon. I am a budding hunter and is excited to go out in the wild and explore this new adventure. I am happy that this Big Sky overhead gun rack fits perfectly on my hard top. Look where I found it here: Vehicle Gun Racks Review 2021 | Best Truck Gun Racks - Sand Burr Gun Ranch. My 2 rifle is a snug fit. I'm looking forward this hunting season.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed poison spyder rockbrawler II w/ tire carrier and an aussie locker up front. Went straight to Hidden Falls and got some level 4 and 5 trails under my belt. Highly impressed with the locker's capabilities.

Picked up for $500 used. Fantastic bumper.

Lubelocker gasket also went in because everyone hates permatex.

Pins and springs are installed backwards.. found that out the hard way.

Royal Gorge.

Wet & Wild.

Last edited by DMann18; 03-22-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2021, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Does acquiring your first ever Jeep count for this? I just got my JKU on Wed of last week. If that doesn't count... than count me down as correctly setting the height of adjustable front sway bar links. The dealer had them WAY too long!

Neat thread and I love the pics.

Cheers

Nemi
Old 03-29-2021, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

I did rear brakes yesterday. Managed to get to them before burning up the whole pad and chewing into the rotors with the backing plate. Whenever I change pads now I go absolutely bonkers cleaning out the slide pin holes and getting fresh, clean grease in there. After the last fiasco with the seized pin, it's a priority item. It's funny, I never spent much time doing them on any other vehicle, I'd just pull the pins, make sure they were greased, and pop them back in. I wonder if there's a better grease for them than what I'm using.. I also pulled the snowboard racks and the roof rack, in preparation for summer hard top storage. It should net me a few mpg in the meantime. I also tried out the new Pro Eagle jack that I impulse bought.. It's awesome. Way better on the pavers than my low pro floor jack. I picked up their biggest jack with the intention of mounting it on the Jeep. When it showed up, I had my doubts about carrying it around so I ordered the appropriately sized one and I figured I'd take a small hit selling the big one. Now I love them both and I'll be keeping the 3 ton in the garage. Two floor jacks are better than one, right??

Look at this monster

Old 03-29-2021, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
I did rear brakes yesterday. Managed to get to them before burning up the whole pad and chewing into the rotors with the backing plate. Whenever I change pads now I go absolutely bonkers cleaning out the slide pin holes and getting fresh, clean grease in there. After the last fiasco with the seized pin, it's a priority item. It's funny, I never spent much time doing them on any other vehicle, I'd just pull the pins, make sure they were greased, and pop them back in. I wonder if there's a better grease for them than what I'm using.. I also pulled the snowboard racks and the roof rack, in preparation for summer hard top storage. It should net me a few mpg in the meantime. I also tried out the new Pro Eagle jack that I impulse bought.. It's awesome. Way better on the pavers than my low pro floor jack. I picked up their biggest jack with the intention of mounting it on the Jeep. When it showed up, I had my doubts about carrying it around so I ordered the appropriately sized one and I figured I'd take a small hit selling the big one. Now I love them both and I'll be keeping the 3 ton in the garage. Two floor jacks are better than one, right??

Look at this monster

Wow! That’s definitely a cool floor jack!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?