Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 07-10-2018, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Additions

Wasn't this week or last but most recent additions were quick release side mirrors and full length Sun Shade. Both products from Rugged Ridge, bought off Extreme Terrain. Loving them both so far!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went from an ‘11 Sahara to a 10th Anniversary Rubicon
Old 07-12-2018, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mopar Warrranty comes through for the Rubicon

Looks like I'm getting a bunch of new parts to replace the old steering stabilizer, tie rod ends, and a few seat parts thanks to the lifetime warranty. Is there still anyone on the forum that sells those? I have a friend about to buy a jeep and they are looking for the warranty.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Got my new Rugged Ridge Nautica winch installed. What a major improvement to the look of the front end!

It looked so weird with just a big blank bumper.

I measured it, and lost about 1/2" of clearance on the front end from sticking 80lbs of winch on it. At this rate, I'm gonna need a lift just to keep from bottoming out on speed bumps!

Last edited by RedRubycon; 07-19-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

Finally got new battery terminal clamps on. When I switched to the dual battery Odysseys, the stock clamps wouldn't tighten hard enough on the posts. Last week I had the hood open for something unrelated and both clamps were halfway up the posts, making contact mostly from the bend in the wires keeping the clamps cocked at an angle. That was enough. I picked up some clamps, big ring terminals and a hydraulic crimp tool. Took a few hours but it came out well. I ended up cutting up one of the stock clamps and making a little angle bracket to handle the additional negative connections. Shortening the wires also allowed me to get the engine cover back on, the stock clamps pushed the wiring harness in the way after stuffing the two batteries in. I like the cover because I do get some water in through the hood louver. So bonus!

Before, everything is disconnected but you can see how the stock clamps were sitting:

After:

Old 07-30-2018, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Default New jeep

15 Jku Sahara
35 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Atz p3
18 inch fuel assault
4 inch lift
Old 07-31-2018, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Replaced all light up front with LEDs. Tails incoming.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Not really a "Done To", but always amused by putting the doors on after wheeling without them.

It's like a tan-line for Jeeps!
Old 08-03-2018, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally decided to go with a MBRP catback exhaust since the stocker was all rusted. I kind of wish I had went with an axleback so you couldn't see it at all, but otherwise I like the sound. It's not Honda fartbox annoying, just low and doesn't drone. Sounds like a Jeep now.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default S-Tech switch box

Purchased the S-Tech switch system this week and installed last night. Needed to clean up the wires under the hood. Very happy with the quality of the switches & switch panel that installs overhead in Jeep. The relay /fuse box is also really nice and the wires are encased in a flexible sleeve which really keeps things neat. Couple of pics below after the install. I'd recommend it and it's made in the USA!!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?