Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 08-05-2017, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put it to work ...

Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Spdu4ia
put it to work ...

Oh yea. I love what you did with it. Sweeeet Rifle!!!
Old 08-05-2017, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Took EVERYRYTHING out of it. Vacuumed, wiped and even shampooed the seats. It felt really nice to get in a clean vehicle. All the recent road trips the rig accumulated a huge amount of random stuff...I also found a larger bag to keep the bottle jack and recovery gear in that is now strapped down in the center of the trunk area
Old 08-05-2017, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default POR 15 entire inside

Took me 35-40hrs to do this project. Followed directions as best as I could, POR 15 Degreaser, POR 15 Metal Prep, POR 15 Rust Preventative Paint x3 coats, & POR 15 Chasis Top Coat x2 coats. So far POR 15 seems to be extremely durable. I did not want a "rough" bedliner due to sand/dirt getting caught in crevices. I removed ALL sound deadening goop & ALL seam sealer; found rust underneath both ~10%. Underside of my seats were rusted ~50%. I live on an island & metal rusts here unbelievably fast. Prior to this I used Rustoleum Bedliner & is complete garbage in my opinion. After 1mo the rough coating is gone & looks like black paint. I had to touch it up every 2-3mo because it would chip unless I put on ~6-8 coats. The most difficult job of the process is removing the seatbelt torx bolts; major PIA. I would recommend soaking them in the PB Blaster for several hours; only way I could get them out. I replaced the torx bolts with HEX bolts I picked up at home depot. When I purchased the Jeep last summer the rear retainer bracket metal was cracked ~70% of the way & rusted (someone closed the tailgate with the soft top not in a the proper position & it bent/cracked) so I used some POR 15 epoxy puddy in between coats for a fix rather than paying a couple hundred dollars for a weld; when that stuff cured it felt stronger than cement.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0806.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	673923   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0807.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	673924  

Last edited by bpittman; 08-06-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Man, I love that color!
only reason im suffering this car payment haha
Old 08-06-2017, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bpittman
Took me 35-40hrs to do this project. Followed directions as best as I could, POR 15 Degreaser, POR 15 Metal Prep, POR 15 Rust Preventative Paint x3 coats, & POR 15 Chasis Saver Top Coat x2 coats. So far POR 15 seems to be extremely durable. if I did not want a bedliner due to sand/dirt getting caught in crevices. I removed the sound deadening goop & the seam sealer; found rust underneath both. Underneath my seats were rusted fairly bad. I live on an island & metal rusts here unbelievably fast. Prior to this I used Rustoleum Bedliner & is complete garbage in my opinion. After 1mo the rough coating is gone & looks like black paint. I had to touch it up every 2-3mo because it would chip unless I put on ~6-8 coats. The most difficult job of the process is removing the seatbelt torx bolts; major PIA. I would recommend soaking them in the Blaster for several hours; only way I could get them out. I replaced the torx bolts with HEX bolts I picked up at home depot. When I purchased the Jeep last summer the rear retainer bracket metal was cracked ~70% of the way & rusted (someone closed the tailgate with the soft top not in a the proper position & it bent/cracked) so I used some POR 15 epoxy puddy in between coats for a fix rather than paying a couple hundred dollars for a weld & that stuff is tough as nails.
Wow, great job..looks amazing!
Old 08-06-2017, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2qik2see
Wow, great job..looks amazing!
Thanks! This involved way more time than I expected, my GF was about to shoot me. Next project is to paint the fenders sometime in the next couple of months. The guy that owned it before me painted them the original car color & they are now cracking/chipping really bad. I am gonna remove & strip them to the original black; seems like the consensus online is to use Krylon Fusion spray paint.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bpittman
Thanks! This involved way more time than I expected, my GF was about to shoot me. Next project is to paint the fenders sometime in the next couple of months. The guy that owned it before me painted them the original car color & they are now cracking/chipping really bad. I am gonna remove & strip them to the original black; seems like the consensus online is to use Krylon Fusion spray paint.
Definitely post how the fenders go! I live in FL..I definitely know what your talkn about with the salty conditions. I saved the materials you used..may be tackling this myself..
Old 08-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rockroaster
Started putting together my RK long arms, got the rear lower in, and also got some new shoes! 40" ProComp MT2's, on 17" DV8 Offroad 882 Polished beadlocks!

Attachment 612703
Thanks for repping the DV8 wheels! That is one clean rig!
Old 08-07-2017, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by any4xx
Ugh... put Fishbone rock sliders on a few days ago. Nicely built and easy fit. But took them back off yesterday. I was HOPING that my 5'0" wife could use them as a step. But it turned out that they only made it harder for her to get in and out. They hug the side of the Jeep nicely, but the extra 4" isn't enough for a step, and instead just makes it harder to step over. So today I'll be putting my stock rails back on and deciding how much of a loss I want to take on the new sliders when I list them for sale.
And.... put them right back on last week. I couldn't stand looking at them sitting on the garage floor. The fit is so good I will have my wife make the extra effort to climb over them.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?