Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 03-13-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The past three days changed gears to 4.88s. Along with Riddler dif covers front and rear. And I had to replace rear axle seal along with the bearing. Didnt like it but it was a good learning expirence for me.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Trimmed the pinch seam, cut 2" off the rubi rails, and bolted on my new cragar streetlocks wrapped in toyo mt's
Attachment 20655

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:43 PM
JK Junkie

Well I am slowly starting to make my Jeep more awesome. I got the CB installed and put in my JKS sway bar disconnect. Sway bar disconnect was a very easy install. Paid 5 dollars to lift it up and borrow a air gun at the hobby shop and 40 min late i was done. Hitting the trail tomorrow to see how well they work.

Now if only my friggin rock rails I ordered in DEC would come in.

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changed the Hella Rally 3 Lights from Chrome to Black to match the winshiled hella black lights
Painted the inside cluster to Orange
Painted the Air Vents to Orange
Painted the Volt Meter, Oil Temperature and Oil Pressure Gauges to Orange
Changed Oil

Old 03-13-2009, 11:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed front solid diff cover (Riddler). Relocated EVAP. I'll post pics in that thread. I moved it WAY over away from the exhaust. I also didn't straighten the bracket out at all. instead, I bolted it to the two different levels of floor pan that happen to be a perfect match to the bracket stock. This way I can always put the EVAP back should I need to for warranty purposes. Of course, i'd need new hoses. Anyway, it's WAY late so I'll start it up tomorrow and hope I don't get a CEL. Oh, and NO ONE had 5/8" fuel line so I went with heater hose. I'll check the Marine shops when they open and just replace it then. But the lines are well away from the exhaust and I didn't even use any fancy elbows!

g'nite Gracey.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thinking of changing my Jk spark plugs with some good quality ones. Can you please tell where did you buy these what is the exact part number? I will be ordering online for Intl Shipping so want to make I order the correct one. Thanks

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
installed Bosch IR Fusion spark plugs last night.
Not enough miles to determine if I gained mpg or hp
Old 03-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by cvjoint
That really looks good. The white really shows up in the interior.
Thanks cvjoint. It was a little bright at first but Im getting used to it now.

MB
Old 03-14-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default JK to the rescue!

This week we got lots and lots of rain here in Central Texas. As I was on the highway a little red S10 pick up slid off the road and went about 25 ft off onto the right side grass...well mostly mud. So I got my chance to use my XRC-8 winch. He stood on the gas trying to get out and just burried it up to the frame. I hooked him up and pulled with the winch tilll I had reeled him in as far as I could, the JK never budged a bit. Then I just backed up and dragged him up onto solid ground. This winch is awsome...although it was a light truck he was tuck deep. I just wish I had pics of the recovery.

Last edited by BlueAlgernon; 03-14-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueAlgernon
This week we got lots and lots of rain here in Central Texas. As I was on the highway a little red S10 pick up slid off the road and went about 25 ft off onto the right side grass...well mostly mud. So I got my chance to use my XRC-8 winch. He stood on the gas trying to get out and just burried it up to the frame. I hooked him up and pulled with the winch tilll I had reeled him in as far as I could, the JK never budged a bit. Then I just backed up and dragged him up onto solid ground. This winch is awsome...although it was a light truck he was tuck deep. I just wish I had pics of the recovery.
Awesome looking Jeep Did the S10 offer you a "recovery fee"?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by Zak

ZAK great job! Quick question what did you use for the orange? Looks like the gauge panel comes out a shade darker than the vent rings... or is that just the pic?

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?