Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I LIKE IT!
Oh, and I just googled it and found it for $39.95 from someplace I never heard of. Does anyone know of a company called cseoffroad? Either way, $40 is still a lot. But I agree, that armrest is about 3" too low!!!

How many inches did you use?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Ok. Educate me! This is my first vehicle with this fancy software item. The valve stem is part of the unit and if you bend it, you need to replace the entire unit at $70?

And what do you do if you want to run a second set of wheels/tires just for off road trips? Do you just let the dash light up saying the air pressure sensor can't be found or what? (I'm certainly not buying 5 extra sending units!)
The valve stem is not actually part of the TPMS unit. It just attaches thru a fixture on the TPMS. I took the valve stems off and attached the TPMS unit to a holder on the band that goes around the wheel (the holder is part of the kit). The used rubber valve stems.

You may be able to buy the metal stem that is set up to attach to the TPMS unit , or actually have the TPMS attach to it, from the Jeep dealer. If this was going to a road only set I'd just stay with the factory stem set up.

If I had a 2nd set just for offroad I'd forget about TPMS and run rubber valves stems. You're probably going to air down off road so your light will be on anyway.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chuck45
I think you are right; that tire looks aweful round and there is no visible bulge. It's probably at least 10 psi high.
i dont know if im just a lazy bastard or just busy doing all kinds of other stuff to my machine. ive been wanting to let some air out, so i have to thank you fellas. im going to do that before the day is over.

corey d
Old 03-12-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I LIKE IT!
Oh, and I just googled it and found it for $39.95 from someplace I never heard of. Does anyone know of a company called cseoffroad? Either way, $40 is still a lot. But I agree, that armrest is about 3" too low!!!

How many inches did you use?
There are 3 layers of foam. 2 x 1.5" open cell (soft) foam and 1/2" closed cell (hard) foam so, about 3.5 inches in total height.

Drove around today, and it shifts a little. I am going to put a thin layer of rubber on the bottom so it grips the console top better. Other than that, I like it a lot.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is my upgrade for an arm rest. Used 3" foam and old uniform and 2"x4" velcro strips to hold it onto the top of the plastic arm rest. I don't have any issue of it sliding around.

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seabee CMC
Here is my upgrade for an arm rest. Used 3" foam and old uniform and 2"x4" velcro strips to hold it onto the top of the plastic arm rest. I don't have any issue of it sliding around.
Very cool!

I thought about velcro, but hate sticking stuff to the panels, figured the straps would work well enough. Different strokes and all that!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put the 09 hood latches on my Jeep. Can't wait to try it out on the highway.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Junkie

someone start a new thread on this topic. It's interesting! where are you buying the foam?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohlhockeyguy
Put the 09 hood latches on my Jeep. Can't wait to try it out on the highway.
How do they differ from earlier year JKs?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Junkie

My dealer won't do mine under recall because my build date is 11/2008, but I just bought the parts anyway:
P/N: CBB0380
LATCH-HOOD
BIN: 117B4
LIST $9.71

It's not just the rubber, it appears to be the whole assembly.

The rubber is noticeably stiffer. I now have NO movement at the hood even in VERY high winds at highway speeds. Before it was downright scary!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?