Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is somthing I've done to my JK. While out wheeling I didn't have a chance to crawl on top of every rock, ended up with an instant removal of my valve stem. well now its about a $70.00 repair. Yeah I know if I had changed out the stock wheels I wouldn't had to Modify my JK.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, that's serious stuff!

Is the stock "roll bar" not really a roll bar?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Kind of, but nowhere near enough and the Rockhard cage is an

[QUOTE=adamisadam;997089]wow, that's serious stuff!

Is the stock "roll bar" not really a roll bar?[/QUOTE

Economical addition

Plus it opens up the accessory, addition areas

JIMBO
Old 03-12-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tire Pressure

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
Great looking ride!

Anyone else think the tire pressure is a little high based on the contact patch on the tire?:
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jim07x
Great looking ride!

Anyone else think the tire pressure is a little high based on the contact patch on the tire?:
I think you are right; that tire looks aweful round and there is no visible bulge. It's probably at least 10 psi high.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hammerman
Here is somthing I've done to my JK. While out wheeling I didn't have a chance to crawl on top of every rock, ended up with an instant removal of my valve stem. well now its about a $70.00 repair. Yeah I know if I had changed out the stock wheels I wouldn't had to Modify my JK.
I had that happen to me; and it can even happen to aftermarket wheels. I went to Discount Tire and they have a kit that bands the TPMS sensor to the center of the wheel. This lets you get rif of the stupid metal valve stem and convert to a rubber one.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by chuck45
I had that happen to me; and it can even happen to aftermarket wheels. I went to Discount Tire and they have a kit that bands the TPMS sensor to the center of the wheel. This lets you get rif of the stupid metal valve stem and convert to a rubber one.

Ok. Educate me! This is my first vehicle with this fancy software item. The valve stem is part of the unit and if you bend it, you need to replace the entire unit at $70?

And what do you do if you want to run a second set of wheels/tires just for off road trips? Do you just let the dash light up saying the air pressure sensor can't be found or what? (I'm certainly not buying 5 extra sending units!)
Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

I bought 4 extra valves for my winter wheels.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kntr
I bought 4 extra valves for my winter wheels.

But do you need the TPS sending units? How much are they?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Decided that I hated the center arm rest. Checked around and found that pads are made to raise the level, but at $50 a piece, I wanted to see if it would be worth spending the money for.

So I thought I would toss one together, see if I like it.

30 minutes, 2 types of foam (soft open cell foam and a thin layer of closed cell foam for rigidity) and some 1" nylon strap, an old desert BDU uniform top and a sewing machine.

It's pretty comfortable! I'll ride around with this for a week or so and decide whether this is 'good enough' or if I should fork out for the neoprene version.

Doesn't stand out as much as I thought it would.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?