Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 04-13-2016, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
I'm looking to pick up a set in the 37x13.5 flavor pretty soon. How'd they balance out for you?

I know its a stupid question, but I had to ask after dealing with these damn wobbly MTR's
I just got my STT Pro 37x13.50-18 tires mounted a couple weeks ago, the shop could not get them to balance so they tossed dynabeads in.

They tried rotating the tire on the wheel to get it to balance, but they said that every time they would spin, it would keep changing the location that it wanted weight added, and it wanted a lot of weight. I did not want two side balance with crimp on, so they were trying to do it with adhesive backed lead from the wheel barrel. They tried moving weights in and out, tried a couple things before giving up and going the dynabead way. I called another shop does a lot of larger tires and they said that in their experience trying balance a 37 or larger isn't worth it, and they go straight to the glass bead type balance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37-13-5-18 STT Pro 4.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	643690
Old 04-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
I just got my STT Pro 37x13.50-18 tires mounted a couple weeks ago, the shop could not get them to balance so they tossed dynabeads in.

They tried rotating the tire on the wheel to get it to balance, but they said that every time they would spin, it would keep changing the location that it wanted weight added, and it wanted a lot of weight. I did not want two side balance with crimp on, so they were trying to do it with adhesive backed lead from the wheel barrel. They tried moving weights in and out, tried a couple things before giving up and going the dynabead way. I called another shop does a lot of larger tires and they said that in their experience trying balance a 37 or larger isn't worth it, and they go straight to the glass bead type balance.

Attachment 643690
I had the same issue with my ATX Slabs. The shop I used had a modified Jeep owner working there and he did a static balance instead of dynamic. Might try finding a shop who can do a dynamic balance.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Finished the hoist install. Didnt have my phone on me while up in the rafters but thus is what i have visible from the underside. Expecting 70 degree weather rhe rest of the week so maybe I'll get a chance to test it this weekend. have a few moreminor adjustments up top so maybe i xan get some picturues when i do that tomorrow/Friday
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160413_141216.png
Views:	341
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	643715
Old 04-13-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought it, mounted a 9.5K winch, TX flag sticker, new antenna, $450 worth of hail damage, nfabs

really been more like 2 weeks... but who's counting.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I finally decided to try the Mickey Thompson S1 front bumper, and a Smittybilt X20-10 Comp Gen 2 winch, along with a Flatlink E, and Hawse Fairlead from Factor 55.
The bumper, endcaps and winch plate all arrived in excellent condition. Good stiff boxing, and the parts were all wrapped in a fabric type material. The powder coating was flawless. The endcaps have cutouts for rock lights, and are supplied with plugs if your not using lights. No fog lights are used with this setup. Grade 8 hardware was supplied. The winch was packaged very good as well. All items were individually packaged in plastic bags, and into a Styrofoam insert in the box. There were no flaws with any of the winch parts as well. The Factor 55 items were packaged extremely well.
Stock bumper removal took about 15 - 20 minutes. Had to remove the vacuum pump bracket, 10 minutes with a Dremel, and I chose to use the M/T bracket, as I didn't want to relocate it under the hood.
The winch plate installed with 2 side mount bolts and flag nuts, and the 4 inner bumper mount bolts. Mounted up, and wired the control box, and installed the winch to the plate. I removed the airbox, and routed the pos. and neg. cables up alongside the radiator, and followed a factory wiring harness back to the battery, made the connections, and tested with the wired controller. Worked great, then unhooked the wire, flipped the switch and tried the wireless, which worked great as well. They do come with an on/off switch for the wireless as well. I had the synthetic line stretched out in the sun for half an hour, so I went ahead and cut the hook off with my Dremel. Then I spooled the rope onto the drum before installing the bumper. the winch did run very quiet with just the static weight of the Jeep. Now it was bumper time. Installed the Factor 55 fairlead and end caps with the supplied grade 8 hardware to the bumper, and slid the bumper on the mounts, No problems, everything mounted easily. Tightened everything up, and installed the Factor 55 Flatlink E. I am gonna replace the hex head fasteners with black socket head bolts as I'm not feeling the shiny hardware on the bumper. I did cut the factory filler panel for reuse.
All parts were top quality, well packaged and delivered in 1 day from Quadratec.
Thanks Rick, for your super fast and free shipping! I ordered this stuff Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm, and it was on my doorstep Friday before noon! that's some kick a$$ service.
here's a few pics.
[TABLE="class: ncode_imageresizer_warning"]
[TR]
[TD="class: td1"][/TD]
[TD="class: td2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
'12 JK Gecko | AEV 2.5/wGCB's | 315 Cooper S/T MAXX | AEV Salta's | Barricade enhanced Rubicon rails | Trektop NX | Soft Doors | JW Speaker tail lights | M/T S1 bumper | Smitty X20-10 Comp | Factor 55
Old 04-13-2016, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdinny
Well, I finally decided to try the Mickey Thompson S1 front bumper, and a Smittybilt X20-10 Comp Gen 2 winch, along with a Flatlink E, and Hawse Fairlead from Factor 55.

Very clean looking. Well done!!
Old 04-14-2016, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thank you, much appreciated!
Old 04-14-2016, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

2500 mile rotate by myself... 😒🔫
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-455446940.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	577.9 KB
ID:	643802  
Old 04-14-2016, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twinz33
2500 mile rotate by myself... 😒🔫
Are those 40"? They look monster!
Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry0071
Are those 40"? They look monster!
yep 40x1550 and heavy 20in slabs. Somewhere around 180lbs a piece. Only trouble is taking the spare on and off, it is a pain

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?