Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephane87
What front bumper is that?
It is a Smittybilt SRC Carbine bumper
Old 03-31-2016, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sclittle
When can I drop mine off?
That would be an awfully long drive!

Depending on the time of the year, and how busy I am with my own projects, I do do corrections on other people's vehicles. But with my own fleet being so stupid, 10 vehicles.... I don't have much time to sell to others. In that 10, I include my oldest boy's 2 cars that he left with me while he deployed with the USMC. I keep them cleaned up and waiting with the batteries removed for his safe return. I also have a 16 year old daughter who drives her/my 2004 Grand Prix GT that I try hard to keep up with. And the then there is the wife..... Don't get me started on her and her cars.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeNacJK
Relocated the evap canister on my JK above the rear axle!

Installed a front bumper, rear bumper an tire carrier on a customers JK!

Wow I really like that front bumper. Was the install pretty straight forward? What do u think of it?
Old 03-31-2016, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
I would guestimate that I stock around $2000 in chemicals for car care / detailing. It's a hobby passion. It shows even on my JK, I show up at the trail head looking like I just had a $1200 full correction done. Because I essentially do! I wheel about once a month, the 3 weekends are spent cleaning, buffing, painting, coating, dressing, sealing..... my other passion! I start at the bottom and make the frame, brackets, engine, axles and all look new. Then I go up and get the paint back, then I spend a day or 2 inside. Once you can't tell it's been off road (aside from bent steel under it!).... it's about time to take it back into the rocks and start again!
Now that is passion. Good for you!
Old 03-31-2016, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepRubi11
Wow I really like that front bumper. Was the install pretty straight forward? What do u think of it?
It was a VERY easy install and the directions were very good. They do say you have to enlarge some of the holes on the frame for the bumper studs to go through but we tried to fit it anyways and it went on straight and easily so we opted not to do that. The only other thing is we had to extend the passenger side fog light wiring so it would reach. Total install time I would say was 45 mins - 1 hour
Old 03-31-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

It was a VERY easy install and the directions were very good. They do say you have to enlarge some of the holes on the frame for the bumper studs to go through but we tried to fit it anyways and it went on straight and easily so we opted not to do that. The only other thing is we had to extend the passenger side fog light wiring so it would reach. Total install time I would say was 45 mins - 1 hour
Ok great thanks.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the infos. Can you remove the bull bar?
Old 03-31-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes! Buy it! :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-576189310.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	642402
Old 03-31-2016, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
How much total lift is that: Suspension = ? Body = ? I see you saying 10th Anniversary Rubicon shocks and springs, but then you say after that that there is a 2.5" Rough Country Series II lift. I am asking because I also have a 2 door and I am picking up 37"x13.5 tires this weekend. You also say (and they look like!) you have 37" tires, then you say a bit lower that you have 295/70/17 tires. If you have the 295/70/17, you would have approximately a 33.25" tall by 11.6" wide tire. You have me so confused! Or... am I looking at an out of date signature line and I am confusing it with the upper line sayng what is actually in the photo? I wanted to here what rear bump extension your running and how dramatic the cutting was on the rear most pinch seam. I'm about to travel down that same road. I hope my Willys looks like yours. That's a big and bad look!
Thank you. That signature you're looking at is outdated that was my jku which I traded in. I have old man emu springs and 5100 bilsteins the ride is super comfortable and have 2" lift all around, after the hardware I lost about 1/4" but considering either a body lift or HD old man emu springs. I trimmed my fenders and took a lot off the pinch seams because my 37s are huge. I also gained an extra 1" overall with tires but to be safe I want to lift the body another 1-1.25"

2011 JKU 17" Pacers 295/70/17 mastercraft courser MXT Gibson dual exhaust rubi shocks rubi 10a springs 2.5" RC series II lift
Old 03-31-2016, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't remove the bull bar it looks mean with it. I'm really thinking about ordering one.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?