Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a lot done to the jeep this weekend actually. Given that I was so busy being my birthday and all, I'm surprised I found time for anything really.
New headlights, grille insert (not pictured), and 1 ton drag link (not pictured). Install of the lights and grille went smooth as expected, but damn that drag link was a pain. Still needs adjusting, but just getting it bolted up and road worthy took long enough. I'll probably end up just paying for a front end alignment and save myself the headache lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0219161542b.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	638587  
Old 02-23-2016, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blizz
Got a lot done to the jeep this weekend actually. Given that I was so busy being my birthday and all, I'm surprised I found time for anything really.
New headlights, grille insert (not pictured), and 1 ton drag link (not pictured). Install of the lights and grille went smooth as expected, but damn that drag link was a pain. Still needs adjusting, but just getting it bolted up and road worthy took long enough. I'll probably end up just paying for a front end alignment and save myself the headache lol.
Where did you get the 1 ton drag link? I'll be needing to address my tie rod soon.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlocker
Where did you get the 1 ton drag link? I'll be needing to address my tie rod soon.
I'll pm you this same information in case what I say violates vendor rules or something.

But I built my drag link using RuffStuff 1 ton tie rod ends and 7075 aluminum tubing from Wide Open Designs. For the drag link you will need an offset end for the knuckle side and a standard end for the pitman arm. The tubing has both left and right hand threads.
You can do the same with the tie rod, but for the tie rod, you'll need both driver and passenger offset ends. Tube is threaded also has left and right threads.

For an even easier process I would just go to Fusion4x4 and pick up their 1 ton tie rod, same thing and a price you can't beat. If you really want to step your game up, they offer 2.5 ton steering for not much more.
I've spoken with the owner many times about different things. Truly a dedicated individual to everything off road. I was actually supposed to meet up with him this weekend, but unfortunately got too busy being that it was my birthday weekend.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blizz

I'll pm you this same information in case what I say violates vendor rules or something.

But I built my drag link using RuffStuff 1 ton tie rod ends and 7075 aluminum tubing from Wide Open Designs. For the drag link you will need an offset end for the knuckle side and a standard end for the pitman arm. The tubing has both left and right hand threads.
You can do the same with the tie rod, but for the tie rod, you'll need both driver and passenger offset ends. Tube is threaded also has left and right threads.

For an even easier process I would just go to Fusion4x4 and pick up their 1 ton tie rod, same thing and a price you can't beat. If you really want to step your game up, they offer 2.5 ton steering for not much more.
I've spoken with the owner many times about different things. Truly a dedicated individual to everything off road. I was actually supposed to meet up with him this weekend, but unfortunately got too busy being that it was my birthday weekend.
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2016, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justiceboy
the besttop has a hole for the usb and a large slot for the cig lighter outlet
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

G2 tuss and RK gussets

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160223_175154.png
Views:	314
Size:	496.7 KB
ID:	638639
Old 02-23-2016, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good how was the fit on the g2 truss?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Added Superchips flashpaq this week...
Feels like I dropped a V8 in it!

4.5" AEV DS/SC Lift
17" American Eagle Graphite 012's with 37x12.50x17 BFG KO2's (5)
Dynatrac Prorock 44 front axle housing with HD Ball Joints (reused stock axles/locker)
Dana 44 JK Rubicon 32 Spline Placer Gold Rear Chromoly Axle Kit
G2 Axle & Gear Ring & Pinion Set - Front/Rear 4.88
AEV JK Premium Front Bumper with front skid
Warn xd9000i Winch with roller fairlead
AEV JK Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier (and water kit)
AEV Rear Bumper Water Tanks
AEV JK Hi-Lift / Pull-Pal Mount
Dynatrac Rear Differential Cover
LOD Rock Sliders
48" Hi-Lift
JK Fuel Tank Skid
Cobra 75WXST with external speaker - 3' Firestik (quick disconnect & HD Spring)
BOLT Hood Lock
Superchips flashpaq - 91 octane

Last edited by Satchi777; 02-23-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jlocker
Looks good how was the fit on the g2 truss?
Ehh not great, could have been tighter around the upper control arm mount and the top plate on the passenger side didn't fit close enough to weld to the center section. Was only able to weld the side plates to the center section.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by srbell0585

Ehh not great, could have been tighter around the upper control arm mount and the top plate on the passenger side didn't fit close enough to weld to the center section. Was only able to weld the side plates to the center section.
Thanks for the info mine is sleeved but I've been debating a truss also.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?