Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duplicolor Bed-lined the pinch seam and my nerf bars to match the fenders. Also did all of the locks, so now the only things not black or green are the wheels (so tempting...).
Put cupholders in the rear bumper.

Or-Fab rear tire jerry can carrier and JKS discos coming soon.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Aftermarket Switch Location Kit and Cage

Installed my Aftermarket Switch Location Kit today while my Rock Hard Sport Cage was getting powder coated. Just picked it up and thinking about getting started on the cage tonight!

I wanted to have the Aftermarket Switch Location Kit now, even though I have no trail lights or other electronics just yet, because the sport cage obstructs where the wire harness of the Aftermarket Switch Location Kit goes from inside the Jeep into the engine compartment. So now it's in place and ready whenever I get rolling on the other stuff.

BTW, if you're in Dallas, I would recommend Crosslink Powder Coating on Morrison Dr. My initial impression is that Patrick provides quality service, was very eager to get my job done, and it only cost $100 for all the pieces of the cage.

I'll let you know if there are any issues with the finish, as well as the install of the cage.

Also, the only problem I had with the it was with the rubber grommet that is seated in the fire wall between the cabin and the engine compartment. I was unable to seat the one supplied with the Aftermarket Switch Location Kit and decided to have a beer instead.

It is Friday after all!

Last edited by Dizzyliz; 03-11-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: edited blacklisted company reference
Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wheels

Go ahead on there bubba, powder coat them wheels black. I think I'm gonna do the same to mine.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What's I do to my JK this week? I drove the HOUND out of it. Does that count?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

changed my oil and painted scrapes on the skids
Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Replaced OE battery with Optima Red Top and wire loom on winch power cables.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:31 AM
c90dan

Order ARB front bumper from Northridge4x4. Also a set of KC 800 long range rally lights. Pics to follow
Old 02-07-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Covered the area in front of my lower control arms with some plating. I know it's not much but we had some time to kill and thought this would work.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Today I finally got around to installing my spidertrax spacers, definitely looks better. I also installed my CB with Arizona Rocky Road mount. Ended up with and SWR of 1.1 on channel 1 and 1.3 on channel 40.

Scott
Old 02-07-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Fixed bad ground on cb antenna (it still functioned thanks to dbl grounds!) and resolved reason it broke in the first place. Too stiff a wire.

Modified solenoid bracket so box doesn't hit bumper anymore. Also now I can run my winch cover.

Rewrapped winch cable with a load on it and painted roller fairlead

Touched up silver paint on vent surrounds.

Misc BS on a sunny day. Didn't wash her though! She's still dirty!

Oh and I took the top down and went for a ride!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?