Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 01-14-2015, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thetatheta322
seems like it's been dark on the steelers for a while now... ;-) (go pats!!)
Old 01-14-2015, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally installed my Rock Hard Cage!! Now off to powder
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-25.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	591939  
Old 01-14-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big dr
Finally installed my Rock Hard Cage!! Now off to powder
I'm in the market for a cage and I think I've settled on the same one. How much dad did u have to trim? Any more pics?
Old 01-14-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
Finally got the louver installed!
what was the install like on this?
Old 01-14-2015, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
I'm in the market for a cage and I think I've settled on the same one. How much dad did u have to trim? Any more pics?
I havent trimmed the plastic pieces yet,, and I have not put on the freedom panels,, and not sure when I will,, I will post more pics when I do the final install next week.

On a separate note I will say that I love Rock Hard products. I have their engine and transfer case skids; However, the roll cage is a bit of a let down when it comes to fit and finish. I did not like having to re tap 30 threads! and on final install I discovered the drivers side of the up right has at least a quarter inch more clearance over the dash than the passenger side. (You would never notice it unless you were looking for it) Not to mention the box the cage was delivered in was a disgusting mess by the time it arrived on my front door. Rock Hards packaging is horrible!!!

Thats a lot of complaining for a guy who is generally happy with the look, function, and price of the product.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by firerich19
How do you like that eBay bumper? Do those LED lights work very well on the bumper?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
It is. So far so good. Had it about 4 months. Good solid construction. No paint issues as of yet. Led lights are not so bright, however. They are fog lights, not off road lights.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big dr
I havent trimmed the plastic pieces yet,, and I have not put on the freedom panels,, and not sure when I will,, I will post more pics when I do the final install next week. On a separate note I will say that I love Rock Hard products. I have their engine and transfer case skids; However, the roll cage is a bit of a let down when it comes to fit and finish. I did not like having to re tap 30 threads! and on final install I discovered the drivers side of the up right has at least a quarter inch more clearance over the dash than the passenger side. (You would never notice it unless you were looking for it) Not to mention the box the cage was delivered in was a disgusting mess by the time it arrived on my front door. Rock Hards packaging is horrible!!! Thats a lot of complaining for a guy who is generally happy with the look, function, and price of the product.
all good info though.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my LOD Rear Shorty w/ linked tailgate this weekend. Waiting on an AEV 3rd brake light since the tire moved up quite a bit. Now my back matches the front

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK12_RearLOD.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	591969

Name:	JK12_RearSideLOD.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	591970
Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mbogan
I installed my LOD Rear Shorty w/ linked tailgate this weekend. Waiting on an AEV 3rd brake light since the tire moved up quite a bit. Now my back matches the front

Attachment 591969

Attachment 591970
Very nice! I just put on front LOD sig mid and rear LOD shorty linked in the past few weeks. Great products and customer service. Next up later this year is lift and 315/70/17 Duratracs.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Front and rear spot light switch plate

I copied someone on here by making a switch plate for my spot lights. This is the second time I made it. The first was with aluminum that was too flexible. This time I used an aluminum bar that I bought from home depot and made it long enough to add future switches if needed. I cut it with a metal blade hack saw and drilled it with a step drill bit from Harbor Freight. Then I filed and sanded it. I attached it with screws and nuts behind the dash. I like how it turned out for the most part but don't like the screw heads sticking out. I tried countersinking them but they are too close to the outside edge. Maybe I'll buy some rounded head screws. I also had a hell of a time pushing the switches into the faceplate. If you look close you can see the plastic tabs sticking out a bit on the tops of the switches. Is there a trick to them not sticking out?

Name:	IMAG0111.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	592084

Name:	IMAG0110.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	592085

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?