Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoupadupe
Love my trektop. The hatch back look is so much better imo
Agreed! I find it actually quieter than the stock top even.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by snags922
Did you have to remove the vibration dampeners? Or did you remove them so it looks cleaner? What, if anything, does removing them do to your ride?

BTW - Is that a mini Statue of Liberty on your front lawn?
The patch of dampener in the driver foot well was starting to chip up on its own, and needed to come out. The rest probably did not but I wanted an even look. If you are certain that your vibration dampener has not sat in water or been damaged it can be line-xed over. It wouldn't be as pretty.

The only function it serves is noise reduction in the jeep. I ran without carpets since spring this year and it was more noisy (of course), after line-x I think the overall interior noise has gone down. The line-x sort of replaces the function of the dampener.

And yes that is a miniature (~9 foot, aluminum) lady liberty in my parent's front yard. My mom bought it in Texas when she was showing some artwork down there over a decade ago. Where most people in our neighborhood have front lamps, we have a Statue of Liberty, with a gas lamp on top no less!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Megas3300
The only function it serves is noise reduction in the jeep.
And heat reduction. I did notice mine is a little warmer with the insulation gone. The line-x shop I used said they always remove it.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

After installing 33 inch Duratracs I had some rubbing. Yesterday I remedied that by installing the Teraflex leveling kit. No more rubbing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-347777292.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	588898

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 12-24-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
And heat reduction. I did notice mine is a little warmer with the insulation gone. The line-x shop I used said they always remove it.
That is true, maybe my feet are heat-numb...

Also, I didn't even think to ask if my line-x shop would remove the insulation for me. Oh well, the project keep me busy during my vacation!
Old 12-24-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattfl

Agreed! I find it actually quieter than the stock top even.
One thing I have an issue with... Don't know if you have the same as yours Is a jku and mines a jk is this...

I can never get the part that tucks in by the door to go in all the way and stay. It's like the window piece is just a tiny bit too small that it doesn't fit flush, but no leaks at all so I just said screw it.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shoupadupe
One thing I have an issue with... Don't know if you have the same as yours Is a jku and mines a jk is this... I can never get the part that tucks in by the door to go in all the way and stay. It's like the window piece is just a tiny bit too small that it doesn't fit flush, but no leaks at all so I just said screw it.
I usually have to put that part in first then work the rest in and it's good to go. Have you tried that yet?
Old 12-24-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Megas3300
And yes that is a miniature (~9 foot, aluminum) lady liberty in my parent's front yard. My mom bought it in Texas when she was showing some artwork down there over a decade ago. Where most people in our neighborhood have front lamps, we have a Statue of Liberty, with a gas lamp on top no less!
That is awesome!!
Old 12-24-2014, 05:31 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Default A Helpful List of Jeep Essentials

A Helpful List of Jeep Essentials

No matter who you are or from where you come, there are certain essential things you need to get after you purchase a Jeep. If you don’t acquire them, all the other Jeeps will make fun of you and not let you play on their trails. Don’t worry, though. After you click the link below, you can read a helpful list of things you should pick up after you bring your next Jeep home.

Read the rest on the JK-Forum.com homepage. >>
Old 12-24-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1450214591.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	588987

Yukon 5.13 gears, ARTEC trusses and armor front and rear, chromoly shafts are in, and some inner fender and body trimming, welding and glass to fit those 40" Trail Grapplers on the Spyderlock Beadlocks.

Phase 3 complete

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?