Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-19-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bevan7170
Just a tip on that. You might want to turn it 180* or fix a rail to the back to stop items sliding towards the rear window. Especially if you ever put a hard top on.
I understand what you mean and I did think about that, then I thought about how much fabric is around when the top is down. That's why I went with the way it's set up. Also, with it the way it is makes it easier for loading.

Right now I have a ratchet strap back there for temporary purpose, until I can think up a way to put a bar in and fasten it. Or whatever I put on the rack, is something that will be fastened down to the rack with bolts.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sunday morning I replaced the radio head unit, installed a Kicker amp, replaced all factory speakers with Kicker, and installed a 12inch Kicker sub, this system rocks, even in a soft top! Sorry I didnt have time to take pictures, my son was supposed to help me but couldnt come over. The dash was not as troublesome as I thought it would be, but the front speakers were a paint to get out, especially the driver side. It was all worth it though, now I can stream pandora and control everthing from the head unit.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doors and top off for GTD. Was the first time I have had them off since installing the Gobi.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gave mine a desperately needed bath.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Any close up pics of the hood vents? Functional? What/where did you get them?
Here's what pics up close I have. Functional - no engineering study performed lol... But for me based upon some basic engineering principles yes very functional. It's a total of 6" air flow with little coefficient drag, also location reduces likely hood of damaging water ingress. After doing this mod, I spoke with a gentlemen who had similar ideas and drilled larger holes. Neither of us tracked heat patterns or temperature dynamics, however both concurred that put your hand above one of them and it will show it works hehehehehe. The only reason I didn't go larger hole diameter was I wanted to keep the stock material on the inside of the hood, it will function as a drip pan and carry a majority of any water away from the engine bay.

I DYI'd them, 5/32 Aluminum diamond tread plate, aluminum expanded metal and some stainless steel rivets.

Sorry tried not to be long winded...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	554195   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	554196  
Old 05-19-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rigpiggy
Here's what pics up close I have. Functional - no engineering study performed lol... But for me based upon some basic engineering principles yes very functional. It's a total of 6" air flow with little coefficient drag, also location reduces likely hood of damaging water ingress. After doing this mod, I spoke with a gentlemen who had similar ideas and drilled larger holes. Neither of us tracked heat patterns or temperature dynamics, however both concurred that put your hand above one of them and it will show it works hehehehehe. The only reason I didn't go larger hole diameter was I wanted to keep the stock material on the inside of the hood, it will function as a drip pan and carry a majority of any water away from the engine bay. I DYI'd them, 5/32 Aluminum diamond tread plate, aluminum expanded metal and some stainless steel rivets. Sorry tried not to be long winded...
Awesome! Thanks! I have been looking at doing the poison spider, but I know I can do it way cheaper by myself using marine vents like the ones I have on my cigarette boat. Did you make the vents yourself or purchase them? Thanks for all the info! Definitely appreciated! I like the way it looks too!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

New stuff.. I can see now
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140519_183305.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	554202  
Old 05-19-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Awesome! Thanks! I have been looking at doing the poison spider, but I know I can do it way cheaper by myself using marine vents like the ones I have on my cigarette boat. Did you make the vents yourself or purchase them? Thanks for all the info! Definitely appreciated! I like the way it looks too!
Dude I agree, if I can build it I will. Not that PS and other companies don't do quality work, it's just so much better when you do it yourself.

I made them, just used my hole saws and die grinder... Really simple to do.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4" Zone lift BDS fox shocks,&BDS Dual Stabilizer. Rubicon disconnects

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140519_222853.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	554244

Name:	ForumRunner_20140519_222842.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	554243

Name:	ForumRunner_20140519_222826.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	554241
Old 05-19-2014, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMagic97

Not too bad. It uses u-bolts to hook to my Gobi rack, and since the rack is so low profile it's tough getting my hands under there to get the nuts started on the the threads. I found that having it more to the passenger side helps with that isuue. After my lessons learned in the initial install, I'd say total time for me to get it out of the garage and secured to the rack would be 30 minutes or less.
Nice, thanks!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?