Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 01-10-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
Dang... You must have been going really fast. I had my floor mat fly out once, but never the rear seat!
haha i lost my rear floor mat driving down the highway with my doors off... saw something in the mirror couldnt figure out what it was then realized it after i got where i was going... oh well got the jeep slush tread mats... things look bad ass
Old 01-10-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good I think I will do the same when i put on my fab four winch bumper
Old 01-11-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Installed a best top rear tailgate rack and a CB radio.

Now the bumper and winch next
Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neoxxis
Yeah, I did not find anything in the Write-ups...
Any info? Link?
Some people rotate their mirror 180*, ie, flip it upside down, to get it out of the way more and create more forward visibility. I tried it and realized that instead of doing that, which makes the NIGHT lever on top, I preferred to simply position the mirior higher by moving it upwards. Just play with it a bit.

So no, you don't need to drill any holes for this "mod."
Old 01-12-2009, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Removed tires and small rocks from between wheel and tires. Just on the right side. Removed Shrockworks rear bumper reinstalled drilled additional hole to keep the bumper from rising, So that the tail gate can open without hitting the buttom of the tail gate.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerman
Removed tires and small rocks from between wheel and tires. Just on the right side. Removed Shrockworks rear bumper reinstalled drilled additional hole to keep the bumper from rising, So that the tail gate can open without hitting the buttom of the tail gate.

im confused.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hammerman
Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
im confused.
What are you confused about? He removed tires, rocks and the rear bumper, drilled a hole and reinstalled it so the the tail gate doesn't hit the tailgate doesn't hit the tailgate doesn't hit the tailgate.

It's simple.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nclehmann
What are you confused about? He removed tires, rocks and the rear bumper, drilled a hole and reinstalled it so the the tail gate doesn't hit the tailgate doesn't hit the tailgate doesn't hit the tailgate.

It's simple.

AHA!

clear as crystal to me now!

*L*
Old 01-12-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

I installed Daystar Hood Latches and a "modified" Daystar Top Dash Panel. The bungee idea on the top panel was brilliant. Kudos to SJG for thinking of it.

Here's his thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/daystar-dash-panel-mod-41011/

Still waiting on the Rugged Ridge front light bar and my 3 KC Daylighters to arrive.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nclehmann
...a "modified" Daystar Top Dash Panel. The bungee idea on the top panel was brilliant. Kudos to SJG for thinking of it.

Here's his thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41011

Wow, now THAT looks usefull! I wasn't going to get this piece becasue I have the NAV radio and cannot place my cell phone up there as it will likely interfere with the NAV and even SIRIUS antennas. But with the bungee, this would be great for small items like paper tickets, and stuff like that.

hmmm

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?