Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN!! thats a long install. I had less time on my long arm
Old 01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Done with it

Last edited by NE Wrangling; 05-04-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lv jk
Had my red hi-lift from my black TJ. My JK is blue so I disassembled sanded and repainted it to grey. I was off from work and it was a cheap time consuming project so I said what the heck. Here is what it looks like.

Attachment 17259

And the black daystar isolator is on the way.
That loooks good like that, I wish they wold put them out from the factory in more colors
Old 01-02-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
Yeah seemed like every bolt I tried to remove in the rear was rusted solid. I'm exhausted as I was trying like heck to not break the bolts. Air gun wouldn't work pry bar. Wife wasn't happy as I said max 10 hrs but after awhile she just started to bring my coffee as I was working on until 3 am one morning. Funny thing is I can tear them off and put them on so much faster now.

Something like adjusting the centering of the steering wheel took like 1.5 hours to get the friggen rod to finally turn. Overall I went through 3 cans of pb blaster.

I had to use a grinding wheel to cut the front links off as one was so bad You couldn't see the thread.
Thats one of the reasons why a) I am glad I live in the desert and b) I will hopefully have all suspension work done before I even hit 5000 miles.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blacklisted 4" springs
Currie Adj arms Uppers and lowers
JKS Adj Track bars Front and Rear
OME Long Travel Shocks
Superlift heavy duty steering stabilizer with relocation bracket
Teraflex Bumpstops and quick disconnects
Currie links in rear and teraflex in front.

All I can say is 28hrs later and it's all together finally. I even had to use a cutting wheel to take the sway bar link off the front.
Jeezum! Now I don't feel so bad about my lift install. But it sure feels good when it's all done!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah seemed like every bolt I tried to remove in the rear was rusted solid. I'm exhausted as I was trying like heck to not break the bolts. Air gun wouldn't work pry bar. Wife wasn't happy as I said max 10 hrs but after awhile she just started to bring my coffee as I was working on until 3 am one morning. Funny thing is I can tear them off and put them on so much faster now.

Something like adjusting the centering of the steering wheel took like 1.5 hours to get the friggen rod to finally turn. Overall I went through 3 cans of pb blaster.

I had to use a grinding wheel to cut the front links off as one was so bad You couldn't see the thread.
Must be the Massachusetts salted road bugaboo getting to you!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Done with it

Last edited by NE Wrangling; 05-04-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added the door sill guards, gas cap door, and an XRC8 winch
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I just got the rest of the lift in Minus the drive shafts and rear track bar The man in the Photo is My Good friend and neighboor John, I owe this man alot of gratitude for installing the lift, tires and wheels and basicallly everything else to the Jeep while I am in Iraq. I get home sometime in March so it's gonna be awesome for me and I am anxiously waiting to see it in person cause the pics are freaking sick. By the way I am only 5'5" and he is 5'11" so Yeah I get to climb in it to go climb rocks YESHHHHHHH
John after the lift installed

Here is the rear laid out to be installed

and from the side of it AWESOMEEEEEEEE

Yesh this is awesome I WANNA GO HOME NOW TO GET IT DIRTY:

Last edited by Mutts08JK; 01-03-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I just put in my door sills. Waiting on my LoD bumper so I can install my Superinch 9.0EPi winch that is in the garage. Should be here at the end of next week.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?