Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Note to self: when instructions say "wait until it's 72* to install Trek top"........ WAIT! Started taking the stock sunrider top off at 11am.......BTW it's sleeting and 32* in south mississippi. Have to leave to pick my daughter up at school at 3pm. I'm by myself, no other vehicle available, oh and did I mention I'm a 110lb girl. BUT.....other than a broken nail......no other casualties.....and complete SUCCESS! Finished at 245pm....WHEW! Do as I say, not as I do!!!! LOL!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UKCRD
Nice. I'm hoping my reversing camera will land today, too and will be mounting it in the same place, right by the hook!! The monitor is a tricky one to mount as I have too many gadgets and real estate in cab is at a premium! I plan to shift my CB over to the left a tad to accommodate it, which is mounted above the review mirror. Seems to make sense to have the mirror and camera monitor side by side, if possible. Have also got a Rigid Industries Dually arriving today which will be a rear work and reversing light to compliment the two KC reversing lights I already have mounted by the license plate. The Dually is going just above the spare wheel and should fill the light gap nicely. The Delta Light Bar should arrive tomorrow, too and a few other small bits. Should be a good week!!
How did you wire the auxiliary reverse lights? I was planning on mounting these under the rear bumper but don't know where to tie into or bring the wire from the inside to the lights.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2607726400.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	535101  
Old 03-04-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jfrohock3437
How did you wire the auxiliary reverse lights? I was planning on mounting these under the rear bumper but don't know where to tie into or bring the wire from the inside to the lights.
Dunno until I do mine this weekend! I installed everything this evening for the Dually but the wiring was too short so I have to splice in some more wire. A friend of mine did the KC reversing lights for me on a weekend when we worked on the Jeep together. I think with LEDs you just hotwire into the live wire from your standard reversing lights but I need to do some research before I finish mine at the weekend. Electricity is not my strong suit, I'm afraid. You should find some videos on youtube, tho.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ACLeeJK
Note to self: when instructions say "wait until it's 72* to install Trek top"........ WAIT! Started taking the stock sunrider top off at 11am.......BTW it's sleeting and 32* in south mississippi. Have to leave to pick my daughter up at school at 3pm. I'm by myself, no other vehicle available, oh and did I mention I'm a 110lb girl. BUT.....other than a broken nail......no other casualties.....and complete SUCCESS! Finished at 245pm....WHEW! Do as I say, not as I do!!!! LOL!
Haha if you go back about 20 pages you will see my post saying the same thing! I just couldn't want to install mine, I took my hard top off, in January in 20 degree weather to put on the trek top just to "see it".... What a pain in the ass, took me about 3 hours and also ripped off a few finger nails but got it on, left it on for about 2 days then back to the hard top lol.... If spring would hurry the hell up it will be Black on ASAP!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got around to adding some of my .45 ACP brass to my valve stem caps.

Name:	image-2248331699.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	535163  
Old 03-04-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Twash53
Haha if you go back about 20 pages you will see my post saying the same thing! I just couldn't want to install mine, I took my hard top off, in January in 20 degree weather to put on the trek top just to "see it".... What a pain in the ass, took me about 3 hours and also ripped off a few finger nails but got it on, left it on for about 2 days then back to the hard top lol.... If spring would hurry the hell up it will be Black on ASAP!
I just got mine yesterday and I'm so anxious to get it on! Do you think if it was about 50-55* outside I would be able to get it on? It won't be 70* for a few more months.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are lucky you didn't rip it. I can't imagine how tight that thing was LOL
Very impressed that you were able to complete the install. Never under estimate a mom
Old 03-05-2014, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default Flat Fenders

Finally got my flat fenders!!!

Started installing those suckers, thought i could do it in 1-3 hours, as mentioned on Quadratec's website... Turns out it took me 4 hours for the driver side front fender, 2 hours for the passenger side front fender, on the next day.. I was driving around with 1 flat fender and 3 stock fenders... looked legit.

So now, i'm 2 fenders down, and 2 to go, it's all going down this weekend though!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lkbdxb
Finally got my flat fenders!!!

Started installing those suckers, thought i could do it in 1-3 hours, as mentioned on Quadratec's website... Turns out it took me 4 hours for the driver side front fender, 2 hours for the passenger side front fender, on the next day.. I was driving around with 1 flat fender and 3 stock fenders... looked legit.

So now, i'm 2 fenders down, and 2 to go, it's all going down this weekend though!
Lol, reminds me of when I installed my metal cloak overland fenders. I was having some difficulty with the install and it took me like 4-5 hours for just the passenger side. I only had budgeted a few hours for both sides so the drivers side had to wait till next week. So I drove around for 1 week with just one metalcloak fender and three stock ones. Now I have been driving a few months with the fonts only and this spring I'll be doing the rears. Lol!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Can't wait to get my MetalCloak Overline fenders. These stockers have to go. They just don't look right on my rig anymore.

Just installed My Poison Spyder Rock Rails, Body Armor and B Pillar Armor. My lift goes on this Friday too.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394063330727.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	535392  

Last edited by D3ADLY; 03-05-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?