Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 12-19-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neoxxis
Yeah, yeah, I should've seen that one coming

Here you go. Sorry for the crappy cell pics, my camera is still MIA

The base of the jack was supposed to be held in place with a weak looking little thumb screw and wingnut. replaced with panhead and nut w/ lockwasher.

The top bolt was supposed to be atached with a plastic knob, but it hit the jack handle retainer so I replaced it with a nut & washer

And here's the new rack, I LOVE IT!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottrock
Yeah, yeah, I should've seen that one coming

Here you go. Sorry for the crappy cell pics, my camera is still MIA

The base of the jack was supposed to be held in place with a weak looking little thumb screw and wingnut. replaced with panhead and nut w/ lockwasher.

The top bolt was supposed to be atached with a plastic knob, but it hit the jack handle retainer so I replaced it with a nut & washer

And here's the new rack, I LOVE IT!

what are the specs on the rack?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

It's this rack:

h++p://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006064520570a&type=product&cmCat=SEAR CHFEAT_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=hitch+haul&sor t=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2F cabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

And the support system is this one:

h++p://www.bestop.com/product_detail.php?id=396&img=01

At $50 the rack I used is not only $30 cheaper than the Best Top rack, but being steel instead of plastic, it looks to add alot strength to the whole assembly.

I removed the hitch attachment, etc, drilled 4 holes cooresponding with existing holes in the rack bracket support rods and tada!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Scottrock's rack info

Increased versatility
"S" shaped load bar for added ground clearance
1" powder-coated steel

When your load just won't fit into your cargo box, extend your ATV's carrying capacity with this easy-to-install Hitch Haul carrier. At 48" length x 19-1/2" width, it delivers ample space for coolers, large tools and other oversized loads. Based on the popular Hitch Haul designed for trucks and sport utility vehicles, it functions with a 2" receiver hitch. The unique angled design raises it up to provide extra ground clearance. Constructed of 1" powder-coated tubular steel.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got maglite brackets to install under the driver's seat. Also got silver paint to color the accents with.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I mounted my mag light to the seat's frame like so:

And fire extinguisher to the other side of the frrame:

Old 12-19-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got through installing my new RR Rear bumper. The front one goes on tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

i installed the expedition one trail series front bumper, rampage hi-lift mount, 4 grab handles, 2 rollcage maglight holders, a fire extinguisher on the roll cage, the tuffy overhead console with my cb in it, finished the PA system and put on a cooltech cb antenna mount.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by weinaug
i installed the expedition one trail series front bumper, rampage hi-lift mount, 4 grab handles, 2 rollcage maglight holders, a fire extinguisher on the roll cage, the tuffy overhead console with my cb in it, finished the PA system and put on a cooltech cb antenna mount.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Got new plates, filed Ca military non-resident exemption, renewed registration (for $82 instead of $354 since I am exempt now).

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?