Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
That looks awesome. Ill probably take my plastidip off and do this. did you have to sand your grill first? That is flat black linex yes?

X2. That looks sick. I would like to do that to mine. Nice job.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2BAJeep
So far, and it hasn't been long, but I love the carrier. very solid and no movement. The web site says 37s are the largest it can carry. I have 315/70/17. The door does not move until you move it so no slamming closed or swinging open. I have read that some people don't like the way it closes but I love it. If you decide to get one check out the Teraflex video on the install.
Do you notice any flex or bend in the rear door?
Old 10-03-2013, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by snags922
Do you notice any flex or bend in the rear door?

None. It is rock solid. The one thing they say to do in the video, and I believe it helped me avoid issues, is to place wood blocks under the tailgate (with it closed) resting on the back bumper. Do this before you unscrew anything. That way when you put the carrier on the tailgate is aligned. Once tighter down.... I have yet to see any movement.

Again, only had it on for a short period of time, but so far very impressed.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2BAJeep
None. It is rock solid. The one thing they say to do in the video, and I believe it helped me avoid issues, is to place wood blocks under the tailgate (with it closed) resting on the back bumper. Do this before you unscrew anything. That way when you put the carrier on the tailgate is aligned. Once tighter down.... I have yet to see any movement.

Again, only had it on for a short period of time, but so far very impressed.

Hope that helps.
Cool...that look really clean and awesome! Thanks.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BRUT4CE
Did some color coordinating

Welded some mirror tabs on the tube doors and mounted mirrors
This looks good, what brand of beadlocks are those? Also, how are you getting that finish to look like its anodized is it painted?

I have these same mirrors on my tube doors works great and they are always on them.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1005421443.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	502353

Brown Santa came today.
Brought a pair of Rugged Ridge rear floor
Mats , and Cobra all-in-one CB for my Rubi.

Also brought grill inserts for my wife's
Unlimited.

We bought all 3 last Saturday at
4WD Jeep Jamboree.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wittys-jk
This looks good, what brand of beadlocks are those? Also, how are you getting that finish to look like its anodized is it painted?

I have these same mirrors on my tube doors works great and they are always on them.
Raceline monster 223 aluminum and I've got the steel rings as well..

Paint is duplicolor metalcast use a adhesive promoter first then spray to desired color afterwards use the duplicolor clear coat its not like can enamel its harder than normal....
Old 10-03-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BRUT4CE
Raceline monster 223 aluminum and I've got the steel rings as well.. Paint is duplicolor metalcast use a adhesive promoter first then spray to desired color afterwards use the duplicolor clear coat its not like can enamel its harder than normal....
I may need to give it a look I am always looking to paint or do something different. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wittys-jk
I may need to give it a look I am always looking to paint or do something different. Thanks.
U do realize that this is my dad's realm.... Just let me know what ur looking to do and we can get it hooked up. He will be at jeeptoberfest with us. Duplicolor was his line for many years and he has some even cooler stuff now.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
U do realize that this is my dad's realm.... Just let me know what ur looking to do and we can get it hooked up. He will be at jeeptoberfest with us. Duplicolor was his line for many years and he has some even cooler stuff now.
I forgot that's his thing, I will have to hit up at jeeptoberfest to get some ideas.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?