Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 12-07-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nice grill insert....your write is great too!!!...

The only mod I did this week, was that I finished breaking my side steps when using them as rock rails while wheeling on Friday.....putting the OEM rock rails back on tomorrow...Will be putting the LOD or similar rock rails in New Year
Old 12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Finally tossed the cig lighter adapter & wired cb straight to battery

Detailed inside and out & threw some wax over new "pinstripes". Yeah it's got 13,000 miles on it and I scratched the hell out of it going down a 4 wheeler trail. So what

Pulled plastic off front bumper & painted steel flat black & stuck it back on. Also painted stainless headlight rings flat black. (now matchs the grill) Mucho betta
Old 12-08-2008, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marks08jk

What I did today? Removed a perfectly good Rough Country 2.5" progressive spring lift with the 2.2 shocks and installed a Rough Country 2.5" budget boost with shock extenders. Some peoples children.
why man? why? selling the progressive setup?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 AM
***erator

Love the cage. did u do the install?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool coil overs

[U]Evo Coil Over Do It Youself[/U]

1. We started our new install at about 9:30 am. We looked at the directions first, good guidelines, but you know how it goes. (I'll post pictures later, I don't have them right now).

2. We started out taking off the tires, putting the Jeep on jack stands and disconnecting wires. Then came the torch and cutting off the old towers.

3. This is the point where you have to stop measure (eyeball) locations and double check the pictures with the directions. This is also where I question why Offroad Evo paints the parts they send out. You have to grind off the paint to weld so what gives?

4. Once things looked good we welded in the upper towers and marveled at Bob's welds. Very nice for a guy with shaky hands, he actually got better after a few beers.

5. Next the lower shock mounts and a test fit. Success. They're staight.

6. Now for the measuring, yes measuring, of the reservoir mounts. This part is fairly straight forward.

7. Now, for the insertion of the coil over. "This is no easy task!" Obviously the top is easy, it's the bottom of the shock that requires all the work. This by far was the hardest and "you need to be patient" part of the install. We got them in and tightened it all up.

8. Almost done, "Hey hand me the longer brake lines," "What do you mean they didn't send longer brake lines?" This is really my only problem with this kit. Nobody asked me about longer brakes lines or mentioned it to me until I asked. Yes, you will need longer brake lines so if you're going to do this kit yourself, make sure you get some. No I don't know what length, but if you call RE, TF, or any other company that does lifts they'll be able to get them to you.

9. The last thing and this is kind of a biggie. The upper tower, on the driver side, when tacked in place did not interfere with the steering arm. By the time it was completely burned in the steering arm and and tower were touching, yes touching. As you can understand this made steering rather difficult. Now we know why this happens, when you weld two pieces of metal, as they cool the metal shrinks and the there goes the gap between the arm and the tower. The fix is (was) this, we undid the steering box and made the jeep a right hand drive. Then we placed a washer between the steering box and the frame, bingo all the clearance you need.

Job Complete.....

I had a Teraflex 3" before and Here's some pics, I don't have the ones from the install yet, my friend forgot to bring his camera to work.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by jd1066
Serveapurpose, beautiful, I don't know what else to say.

Where did you get your gauge set on on the driver side pillar - is it something that you fabbed yourself, or is it an off the rack set up?

JD
The gauges are Autometer gauges! Purchased from my local Autozone along with them I also purchased the cup mounts they are mounted to the pilar with.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Default Gauges

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
The gauges are Autometer gauges! Purchased from my local Autozone along with them I also purchased the cup mounts they are mounted to the pilar with.
Thanks for the info - very clean install! Maybe something else to add to the ever growing list of mods.

JD
Old 12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I corrected the toe-in the the fargin' alignment shop over did.
They had me at about 3/8" toe-in instead of 1/8" or less.
I experienced serious death wobble on the highway at about 65 mph
a couple of hours after the alignment.
Got the DIY info from a local club member and from Project JK how-to section here.

Got rear ended today while I was parallel parked waiting for my daughter at school.
Other driver was "watching your spare tire and then I hit you" WTF?
She hit my receiver/shackle and left some paint from her license plate.
Pushed her license plate in and left a slight dent in her bumper.

Last edited by fftri; 12-08-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Put my hard top back on along with my full doors. Its being winterized!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a new steering shaft today, no mo clunk.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?