Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JW Speaker and Fog Install

Headlights First; TLG-Auto.com with Anti Flicker harness

Plug and play; drivers side (left) I had to dremel some modification in the 2012 to get it to seat right.

Fogs, brackets TLG-Auto.com with fog plug and play adapters; patience def needed here!

Had to cut into bumper to make fog light hole larger, Then, carefully placed brackets over factory holes and threaded the bolts into the factory hole with a screw driver (ONLY) don't over tighten! Trick is to pre start every screw before lining up brackets. I then used a large zip tie over each fog light and screwed into bumper for added security and tightness. I was a little worried at first because the fogs do not actually seat into the fog light factory holes, but don't worry once secured, ant the bumper is back on it looks awesome.

I have posted some pics and there are some youtube videos on the install, just take your time. Will tell you that the jeep will look funny without the matching fogs, the factory fogs look very yellow compared the jw speakers of course.

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3947.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	484408   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3975.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	484409   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3981.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	484410   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3982.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	484411  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default Gibson Metal Mulisha Cat Back 2012 - Awesome

Must say I was skeptical about this as I didn't want it to be obnoxiously LOUD! Well after the less than 45 minute install, I am very happy. Install was simple: disconnect neg battery terminal so computer with adjust and reset with the new exhaust, disconnect on factory bolt, disconnect welded hangers from the factory rubber grommets and remove stock. Connect the new Gibson, attach the factory rubber grommets to the new Gibson hangers, attach the Gibson supplied UBOLT pipe connector and tighten firmly. Attach the awesome metal mulisha exhaust tips ( I pushed mine back as far as they would go and they stick out the back just right! Reattach neg battery terminal and you are done. Start engine and check for exhaust leaks at ubolt and recheck all bolts after 50 miles. Good Luck! Oh, most importantly, partsgeek.com, 409 delivered. Search web for coupons, SAV15 cut it $15 bucks off for me, the already very low price.

Name:	IMG_4016.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	484412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4017.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	484413  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. I'd be worried about ripping it off though

sent from rooted oc s3
Old 08-02-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Named the Jeep

Finally named the Jeep properly
Click image for larger version

Name:	5ajr.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	484415

Avinash is "indestructible" in Sanskrit
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kewman33

Plug and play; drivers side (left) I had to dremel some modification in the 2012 to get it to seat right.

Fogs, brackets TLG-Auto.com with fog plug and play adapters; patience def needed here!

Had to cut into bumper to make fog light hole larger, Then, carefully placed brackets over factory holes and threaded the bolts into the factory hole with a screw driver (ONLY) don't over tighten! Trick is to pre start every screw before lining up brackets. I then used a large zip tie over each fog light and screwed into bumper for added security and tightness. I was a little worried at first because the fogs do not actually seat into the fog light factory holes, but don't worry once secured, ant the bumper is back on it looks awesome.

I have posted some pics and there are some youtube videos on the install, just take your time. Will tell you that the jeep will look funny without the matching fogs, the factory fogs look very yellow compared the jw speakers of course.

Good Luck!
Nice! What are the part numbers you used for the lights?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good Luck!
Dude You know that the evolutions are plug-and-play right???
Took me 10 minutes to install mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1705618489.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	484431

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Personalized

I gave my Jeep the personal touch. Removed the Sahara Wrangler Unlimited stickers and replaced them with something a lil more personal. The freedom we enjoy to Jeep in this beautiful country shall always be protected.

Name:	0802131125d.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	484436   Click image for larger version

Name:	0802131125b.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	484437   Click image for larger version

Name:	0802131125a.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	484438   Click image for larger version

Name:	0802131125.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	484439  
Old 08-02-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Must say I was skeptical about this as I didn't want it to be obnoxiously LOUD! Well after the less than 45 minute install, I am very happy. Install was simple: disconnect neg battery terminal so computer with adjust and reset with the new exhaust, disconnect on factory bolt, disconnect welded hangers from the factory rubber grommets and remove stock. Connect the new Gibson, attach the factory rubber grommets to the new Gibson hangers, attach the Gibson supplied UBOLT pipe connector and tighten firmly. Attach the awesome metal mulisha exhaust tips ( I pushed mine back as far as they would go and they stick out the back just right! Reattach neg battery terminal and you are done. Start engine and check for exhaust leaks at ubolt and recheck all bolts after 50 miles. Good Luck! Oh, most importantly, partsgeek.com, 409 delivered. Search web for coupons, SAV15 cut it $15 bucks off for me, the already very low price.
Looks great!! I want this system for my rig, but I am afraid I will just tear it off while wheeling.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lonewolf23
I gave my Jeep the personal touch. Removed the Sahara Wrangler Unlimited stickers and replaced them with something a lil more personal. The freedom we enjoy to Jeep in this beautiful country shall always be protected.
Well said. Excellent personal touch!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Yes of course, Headlights were easy, except on 2012 drivers side headlight would not seat properly, so just some minor dremel work... fog lights are a lot of work but so worth it.. Black on the yellow looks NICE!

Originally Posted by stangmike1
Dude You know that the evolutions are plug-and-play right???
Took me 10 minutes to install mine.

Attachment 484431

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?