Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=gryph0n;777786]What did you paint it with?

I used Rust-oleum Universal All-Surface Paint.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta agree, the hard top looks awesome. That is certainly on my list of things to do. I put in an order today for the Rugged Ridge tail light and head light guards. I hope to get them on sometime next week, along with the hard top.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Added Rubi sliders~ courtesy of dealership. $100 installed!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Installed the 1350 JE Reel rear driveshaft this morning.

Thank god for the air ratchet with all those dang bolts on the factory driveshaft.

Going to run it like this for a couple days, adjust the rear upper/lower arms if needed, then install the front driveshaft and FT lower control arms.

Got one of those digital Sears torque wrenches that beeps when you get to the torque setting, as well as digital and led indicators.
I've got a couple of other micro-click style torque wrenches that have served me well, a Craftsman, and a Snap On as well as a fixed Sekonic T-Handle I use with my interchangeable barrel MRP AR-15, but this was one of those impulse buys.
What's really nice is that when you're torquing bolts up in stages, it shows you how many foot pounds you just applied.
This thing is the sh-t.
Perfect for checking torque on those beadlocks as well.
You guys will probably tell me it's a piece of junk, but it's sure a fun to use piece of junk. Maybe not the best choice for a "trail tool kit" but it's what I'll take.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put on the Mastercraft grab handles in front, and the CIC kayak grab handles in the back. I have to admit, it is the first time I've ever put a grommet together on anything, and the ease of it is making me think of other applications...lol. Pretty soon, I will have grommets EVERYWHERE!!! LOL.

Mac
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Breaktrack
Put on the Mastercraft grab handles in front, and the CIC kayak grab handles in the back.

Mac
Thanks for posting that.
The other day I was offroading with adults in the back also, and it'd have been nice if they had had those grab handles from the soundbar.

What do you think about the CIC grab handles placed from the windshield frame to the mirror bolt? I might actually use those more than the ones from the roll bar.

I've been so busy with the driveshafts, control arms, adjusting the suspension, CO2 tanks & accessories, offroad lights, planning out the skid plates I have totally ignored the simple and relatively cheap interior upgrades you guys have been coming up with.
Wow, a needed accessory that doesn't cost 1K!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by edwin907
I've been so busy with the driveshafts, control arms, adjusting the suspension, CO2 tanks & accessories, offroad lights, planning out the skid plates I have totally ignored the simple and relatively cheap interior upgrades you guys have been coming up with.
Wow, a needed accessory that doesn't cost 1K!
I thought I was the only one! I have four of those handles sitting in my bedroom just waiting for me to get some grommets.

I just finished installing my Spydertrax spacers with a little help from my 4-year-old. She got the lugs started so that "daddy can get em with the clicky wrench"
Old 11-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

last couple weeks I've installed rubi sliders (thanks to mark aka rampage), hella 500s on the windshield, and vinyl on the headlights. I saw the headlight mod on here awhile back and I've wanted to do it ever since.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Two racks

I added a rack. Well two racks. My brother-in-law said I could use his hitch mount rack if I needed it. So I took him up on the offer. Gun season has been in since the first of November but I stayed with my bow. I'm pretty happy today.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 11-09-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default lifted!

in one day i did a 4inch super lift with 35" tires on 15inch wheels

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?