Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 11-02-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the hard top back on for the winter.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree..they are really noisy tires. I to will be getting something else next time. But the do have great traction, but are pretty heavy and you do loose a bit of power.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuck45
I was recently out with a guy who had an FJ Cruiser with thoe tires and that was his complaint. To make it worse the performance wasn't there off road. His tires chirped and slipped when my KM2's, going over the same obstacle, did not. He did say he got a lot of highway milage out of them though.
My KM2's killed everything I put them up against. I wasnt using lockers when other guys were. I had my lockers turned off 90 percent of the time. The KM2's are also road friendly. Perfect tire... You get what you pay for and in the nitto's example you dont get what you pay for.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm currently debating between the BF Goodrich KM2 and the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. Any pros/cons for one over the other? Good experiences versus bad experiences? I already have one vote for the KM2...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidmech21
I'm currently debating between the BF Goodrich KM2 and the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. Any pros/cons for one over the other? Good experiences versus bad experiences? I already have one vote for the KM2...
Make that 2 for KM2 ; love them and nice ride on the road as well
Old 11-02-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Junkie

The KM2 will do better in mud, the MTR better in snow/rain (it has some sipes and smaller tread blocks). The MTR should also offer longer life on the street.

For rocks, its kind of a toss up.

And well, if you are for keeping money in the country, buy the goodyears. Money spent on BFG's leaves the country (french owned).
Old 11-02-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Why are you debating? There is NO comparison between the tires other than that they are both round and black. I pay a lot of attention to what others run when I'm out and the MTR's leave me unimpressed to say the least. I can see and hear the MTR's loosing traction and slipping when the KM2 went up without a sound or a slip.

Let me be as blunt as possible. If I needed tires today and the choice was a set of FREE MTR's and paying for the KM2's I'd PAY for the KM2's. Although in reality I'd try to get ahold of the MTR's and sell them to somesody that didn't know better. So a search, read the threads; it will become obvious real quickly.

My onlycomplaint with the KM2 is that I bought 35's and not 37's!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

new tires came
pro comp 33/12.5/16 mt

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the KM2's so I have not wheeledwith them yet but on the street they are pretty quiet and seem to handle well. I have 35"s and they are barely any louder than the stock Rubi tires.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Extended my breather lines and took mine on its first official wheeling trip!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?