Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

I've had them under my bed for month, I'm waiting for spring to do the install

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
Lol I didn't want to admit how long they have been on the counter. Going on 3 months now. My prob is I can't weld and my welder buddy is constantly busy with work to help me install. One day we will have our tough axles !
Old 02-25-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockroaster
Finally finished my front axle build.

D44, artec truss, artec hd track bar mount, synergy skids, nitro sleeves, synergy ball joints, Yukon 5.13s, 35 spline ARB locker, 35 spline RCV shafts, Solid diff cover.
What tie rod and drag link is that?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sandtrooper

What mount and size extinguish is this?
It's a 2.5 lb. ABC extinguisher and I used Quadratec's holder. I think Quadratec may have discontinued this model because I don't see it on the website anymore.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockroaster
Finally finished my front axle build.

D44, artec truss, artec hd track bar mount, synergy skids, nitro sleeves, synergy ball joints, Yukon 5.13s, 35 spline ARB locker, 35 spline RCV shafts, Solid diff cover.
Nice!

What is that center link and steering link?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lobster86

If you want your speedo to read right. Do you have a auto or manual?
I have "automatic"
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tych23
Oh , u didn't state the year lol
Once warranty is done I want to get all the programmers and stuff
Sorry, it's in my signature, but you might have signatures turned off like I do.

Plus I'm not aware of a Superchips for the new engine, but I'm not exactly in the know. LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Stephane87
Do I need this if I went from original 255/75R17 (JKU Sport'10) to 265/70R17? I have no other mod....
For just a new tire size, the cost might be prohibitive, if you're going to regear and/or lift, then it should be something you get as well.

But it will correct your speedo and you can tune it for different octane fuel to really get your Jeep moving.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by xerofall

For just a new tire size, the cost might be prohibitive, if you're going to regear and/or lift, then it should be something you get as well.

But it will correct your speedo and you can tune it for different octane fuel to really get your Jeep moving.
Are we talking about better response from the engine or gas economy? I'm new to those things so I'm a bit confuse about the differences of with and without it...
Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

Are we talking about better response from the engine or gas economy? I'm new to those things so I'm a bit confuse about the differences of with and without it...
Yes and yes. Better shift points means you're in a better gear faster and the engine isn't working as hard.

Example, before the tune my cruise control would drop 5 miles before the auto tranny kicked in to bring it back to speed. Same place, same speed with the tune and the engine was able to maintain speed without dropping, then gunning it back to the set speed.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have "automatic"
I know once you get up a bit in tire size 33 and up the automatics have an issue with overdrive unless you use a programmer to adjust for tire size. I have the super chip for mine because I am going to swap the gears and I already went up to 35. There are other chips that will adjust the tire size for a lot less but the super chip has a lot of extras. It's good if you're planning on doin a lot of other mods.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?