Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed a set of KC slimlites on the windshield today. They look great.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Black Gorilla lugs.

One step closer to blacked-out wheels.....
Old 10-11-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
Awesome! Thanks!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Default OR-FAB Tire - Gas Can Carrier and Mopar Fuel Door

The week I had the OR-FAB Swing Away Rear Tire and Gas Can Carrier installed along with a
Mopar Fuel Door.

The OR-FAB Carrier installation requires drilling a lot of hole, some as big in diameter as one
inch,in your JKs sheet metal. The template for drilling holes mentioned in the instructions
was not provided. I wimped out and paid my local OK Tire Dealer who does a lot of off-road
mods $225 to install the OR-FAB Carrier and Mopar Fuel Door. I installed the two 5 gallon Blitz
gas cans ($40 each at Harbor Freight)

The OR-FAB Carrier is rated for between 175 to 200 pounds of Spare Tire, Gas Cans, CB
Antenna, Hi-Lift Jack, optional Cargo Box and Third Brake Light. It could easily handle a 37" spare
tire, but I am currently running stock Sahara 18" rims with the stock BS Dueler tires, so I had to
install my spare backwards because of the different offsets between stock and after market
wheels for larger tires. If this bothers you, OR-FAB sells a bolt plate adapter for stock JK wheels.

The installation also requires removal of the stock third brake light. OR-FAB sells a bitchin
replacement third brake light, but my budget is busted at the moment, so I made do with a $5
third brake light from Harbor Freight that fits in a 2" tow receiver for the moment. I need to gather
enough coin for a CB and a Hi-Lift jack first anyway.

The Gas cans are enclosed between the tailgate of the JK and the spare tire, which keeps them
low, out of the way and secure.

I had previously installed AEV Corner Guards and Mopar Tail Light Guards. One of the holes that
had to be drilled in the JK to attach the OR-FAB Carrier locking mechanism also had to go
through the Driver's side AEV rear Corner Guard. This presented no problems and there was
no issue with the Mopar Tail Light Guards at all. The hinge shrouds on the passenger side AEV
Corner Guard had to be mostly ground away to provide clearance for the beefier OR-FAB hinges.

This is a close up of the OR-FAB Carrier latching mechanism. It can be secured with a locking
pin or padlock.

OR-FAB calls this the "Jeep JK & Unlimited Swing-A-Way Tire/Can Carrier" for good reason --
it swings way open and leaves plenty of room for opening the tailgate, hatch and loading or
unloading the JK. It's solid also -- no wobble, sag or flex.

This is the modification to mounting your stock JK wheel on the carrier backwards. Just use a
BAW (Big Ass Washer) to keep the face of the wheel from rubbing the OR-FAB Carrier and
it will install securely using the rest of the hardware supplied by OR-FAB for after market wheels
having less offset than the JK's stock wheels. This washer was lying around the tire store and is
so big it has its own serial number! A gasket was cut out of some tire shop left over stuff to
sit between the washer and the finished surface of the stock wheel.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Highly recommended Mod and a great big thanks to David
at Northridge 4x4 for the great deal and excellent service. I would also like to mention OK Tire on
South 12th Street in Salem, Oregon for doing such a fine install and fixing my one little boo-boo
with the AEV Corner Guards.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

How is that air intake working for you?
Old 10-12-2008, 03:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neoxxis
Nice!

Did you try red for the little LED's?
only had blue. The switches came with it. But you can interchange them, if you buy different ones
Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Black Gorilla lugs.

One step closer to blacked-out wheels.....
Awesome! I need to find some black ones. Wished that they had enough to mount the spare in the set too.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

I didn't do it this week, but I finally got around to writing up my install of the OR-FAB Front Rock Door Kit I won on this Forum a few months ago.

Here is the link:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/fab-front-rock-door-kit-installation-57966/

-meljr
Old 10-12-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put on Pro Comp 33x12.50 R17s!

Yeah baby!

Old 10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kockroach
Awesome! I need to find some black ones. Wished that they had enough to mount the spare in the set too.
They do, with one left over.
I bought the the all-lock set for 6-lug wheels.
71684NBC

I bought mine at Discount Tire. (They ordered them for me.)
The nuts took about a week to come in and Discount Tire installed them when I had my tires rotated.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?