Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubiconjack

I painted the muffler today. 100x better lookin!
but what about the rest of the rig?

were gonna miss you tomorrow.... will take lots of pics for you.

the offer stands too, if youre up over the winter, you've got a place to stay!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Not much this week
Added cargo liner and nifty floor mats
Old 10-08-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

serveapurpose...looks good man ... what exactly do you have for lift on there Im running a 4.5 inch bds with 35bfgs and your looks higher could be picture body lift? spacer?..... and YEAH GUYS I KNOW ITS BIG... .. I had it sent out to get modified....
Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Its a 3 inch Pro-Comp economy lift from back in the days when there wasn't much out there for the JK ( dealership did the lift for me ). I am running a 1 inch Performance Accesories Bodylift with 35's on 16 inch rims.

I hope that helps! Any regrets on anything? Yeah I would of went with 17 inch rims so I could buy some 37's
Old 10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

MY JEEP IS MORE THAN I EXPECTED IT TO BE! THE NEW RUBIS ARE FREAKIN AWESOME! As far as parts go the lift and 15 inch rims look great. The bumper looks good painted but the stinger is just too big..I contelmplated it over and over to cut it off make it smaller or leave it huge. Im considering doing a 1 or 2 inch body just a b/cx I like bif fender well clearance but Im not sure with the 6spd if its worth it - anyone install a bodylift with a 6spd should I go 1 or 2 if at all
Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 AM
JK Newbie

I could not get the correct spring rates for my JK. The first set of ARB springs were too stiff so I had ARB install the next spring rate down but that was too soft. I have just received my order of air bags to go inside of my springs, hopefully this will solve my problem, I just need to adjust the pressure to make it perfect.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
This is the Republic of Texas, we do what we want.
I live in texas too. I am sure DPS might have issue with that statement. The wording of the law "Must emit & reflect amber light" comes from Texas. It actually started out cracking down on tuner kids with Green & Blue turn signals, "euro" tail lights that are white/chrome but light up red....do not reflect red. I am sure painting your amber lights would fall into this group. Although if you get pulled for just that..that is one A-Hole trooper. It's mostly just something else to tag on if you do stupid stuff on the road. 4X4 example: Sometimes in some areas there are long waits to get off the exit ramps due to traffic and lights. Someone might wish to cut the median grass and hit the street rather than wait (you will even see ruts in the grass cuz it's done so much). A cop might ticket you for that & if your an ass...he might measure bumper height, light height, the tinted lights would be noticed...and anything else he can get you for to bump up the ticket count and cost. Most cops don't care but if your doing something illegal do not draw attention by doing something stupid.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paramaniac
but what about the rest of the rig?

were gonna miss you tomorrow.... will take lots of pics for you.

the offer stands too, if youre up over the winter, you've got a place to stay!
Got my CB atenna bracket painted back on, I got my Baja Racing lights mounted on the hood finally (just gotta wire the switch up). Just little stuff.

.... Can't wait to see the pictures .. still blows I can't make it. I will definetly be up this winter!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

went from this:

225/75/16

to this

255/75/17

not only does it look better, but it feels better with my 3.21's. it's not as jumpy and the revs seem more balanced. very happy
Old 10-09-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

hover conversion!

ok not mine but i liked the pic...i added the caption

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?