Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kockroach
For my first mod, I removed the crappy silver cover on my Sahara bumpers and coated my grill with Duplicolor bedliner last night....the fumes are finally gone.

I will have new Pro Comp 7089's and Pro Comp A/T arriving next week. Hopefully I can also take off my fender flares and apply some Duplicolor to them as well.
You should ask around the forum to anyone with that color JK and ask if they will trade fenderflares...they may want the painted look and it is much less prep for you to line the normal textured flares. I know lots of people want painted flares and it is a ton of prep to take stock and make them look like sahara flares. The textured stock flares take the bedliner better and you do not have to rough up the flares just clean em real good so it sticks well.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kockroach
For my first mod, I removed the crappy silver cover on my Sahara bumpers and coated my grill with Duplicolor bedliner last night....the fumes are finally gone.

I will have new Pro Comp 7089's and Pro Comp A/T arriving next week. Hopefully I can also take off my fender flares and apply some Duplicolor to them as well.
Try to find some used ruby flares.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a custom made spare tire carrier made and installed then finished doing the little modifications to it to help make it quietier and easier to move.

Also picked up new allen head bolts for both front and rear diff covers for both RubyDoo and RubyJeep.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueAlgernon
You should ask around the forum to anyone with that color JK and ask if they will trade fenderflares...they may want the painted look and it is much less prep for you to line the normal textured flares. I know lots of people want painted flares and it is a ton of prep to take stock and make them look like sahara flares. The textured stock flares take the bedliner better and you do not have to rough up the flares just clean em real good so it sticks well.
Very good idea!! I just need to try to find someone that is in Chicago....as I don't have a garage, and the is my DD. I can't leave the flares off for a long period of time.

@bob134 -- At first I thought you meant red That would look ridiculous. While writing this reply, I realized you meant rubi...as in Rubicon. At least I hope you did.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

More than 3000 replies... WOW! Is it a record?
Old 10-04-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

installed an ignition disconnect switch and an inline accessories shut-off switch
Old 10-04-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Default Painted Muffler

I could not stand the ugly muffler one second more. So I painted it.
before

after

Old 10-04-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
Something has come between me and the wife.
Hey I have one of those in my office, but its black. Bear season opened today in AZ and my wife wants to get her own.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REBELKFX
I could not stand the ugly muffler one second more. So I painted it.
before

after

Very nice. I wish more people would do that.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4JEXEP4
Very nice. I wish more people would do that.
are you checkin out my Jeeps butt?

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?