Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got the time to install my Rough Country 2.5 inch lift and the wheels and tires I bought off another forum member. Thanks AdamH

Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Today i ordered:

Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper (Stubby)
WARN M8000 Self-Recovery Winch
Rugged Ridge Xtreme Heavy Duty Rear Bumper
KC HiLiTES 6" Round SlimLite Series Long Range 130W (w/ window mounts)

Plus i'm thinking about rock rails ... Right now i'm up in the air. I can't find the one i really want which are these by MOPAR:

I've looked almost everywhere with no luck. If i can't find them or something very similar very soon i'm going to go with the regular MOPAR Enhanced Rock Rails. All i really need is something my son can climb up on (7yr old), functional and covers up that ugly seam.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by markmbsc
Finally got the time to install my Rough Country 2.5 inch lift and the wheels and tires I bought off another forum member. Thanks AdamH

What tires are those... They look great.. please let me know... Jeep is great looking
Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

They are just the Rubicon stockers. I bought them off another forum member.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Well...... Let's see.....
It's in th shop this week, hopefully I'll get the call to pick it up today but it's getting the following:
Rubi Express 3.5 super flex,
warn 9.5xp winch, and
a set of Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35's to replace the 33's I had.
Can't wait!!! I'll post a pic as soon as I get it.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Default Wheels tires and good waxing

Put the wheels and tires on I bought from another forum member. Thanks wheelerbob. Hyper tech programer. Also clay barred and waxed.

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

I have had them on for a few weeks now; and they are plenty bright. 9" H.I.D. from harbor freight and they seem to be holding up fine. I did have to do a couple of modifications to make everything right. The lights are too deep for the Mopar brackets, so I had to make some additional brackets to move them out slightly; I also painted the grilles with flat black bumper paint because the chrome grilles looked ridiculous. I also found the adjustments for the lights to be less than acceptable; this was cured by cutting some heater hose in half and placing the halves in the swivel mount’s, this cured the problem and made them very adjustable.

I am very pleased with the results; considering I only paid $70 a piece for the lights, and they appear to be knock off’s of the Delta Tech lights costing $600+ for a pair. Time will tell how well they hold up; but so far, so good…

This is a link to the Delta Tech; they sure look the same…
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97016_801.htm

Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Put the top and doors back on. Hannah is supposed to make her appearance tomorrow day/night.

Added tinted soft top windows. Looks great!

----------------
Now playing: Skinny Puppy - Dead Lines
via FoxyTunes
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteelMastiff
I have had them on for a few weeks now; and they are plenty bright. 9" H.I.D. from harbor freight and they seem to be holding up fine. I did have to do a couple of modifications to make everything right. The lights are too deep for the Mopar brackets, so I had to make some additional brackets to move them out slightly; I also painted the grilles with flat black bumper paint because the chrome grilles looked ridiculous. I also found the adjustments for the lights to be less than acceptable; this was cured by cutting some heater hose in half and placing the halves in the swivel mount’s, this cured the problem and made them very adjustable.

I am very pleased with the results; considering I only paid $70 a piece for the lights, and they appear to be knock off’s of the Delta Tech lights costing $600+ for a pair. Time will tell how well they hold up; but so far, so good…

This is a link to the Delta Tech; they sure look the same…
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97016_801.htm
They sure do look the same. Did you paint the grills black on yours?

I think those would fit nicely on my bumper light bar...
Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added the Teraflex 2.5" budget boost and 1.25" wheel spacers.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?