Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undercoated and Painted the Bumpers

I think this is my first post so I wanted to start off by saying Hello. Ok so I want new bumpers because I firmly believe that bumpers should not be made of plastic. I am also tired of the black plastic with dirt stains that will not come out. But I also want new tires, rims and a 3 in lift and that is just the short list. The only problem is the “Jeep Fund” only has enough for one of those wish list items and I want the lift done first. So my great idea was to remove all the plastic bumper parts and undercoat and paint them. Well it sounded good yesterday when I started this project. I am by no means a master of the tools but I try, not always with the best results. So long story short the bumpers look great right now but the problem is the undercoat will not harden and when I put the bumpers back on I scratched them up. I don’t think they are going to work out. I am worried about the first time they get mud on them or I have to wash it. Well the good news is now I can strip the bumpers off and on in a hurry now. I am starting to learn my way around it.

Last edited by born4mud; 08-31-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Ok so how do I get the pictures to show without having to click the links?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

I just tired it and I remembered i already have an account on Photobucket thank you for the help.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed a brand new out of the box mygig loving every minute of it
Old 08-31-2008, 05:09 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

Still deployed, nothing new yet
Old 08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I pulled the Wrangler and rubicon stickers off and installed the spidertrex wheel spacers! next is the leveling kit.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by born4mud
I think this is my first post so I wanted to start off by saying Hello. Ok so I want new bumpers because I firmly believe that bumpers should not be made of plastic. I am also tired of the black plastic with dirt stains that will not come out. But I also want new tires, rims and a 3 in lift and that is just the short list. The only problem is the “Jeep Fund” only has enough for one of those wish list items and I want the lift done first. So my great idea was to remove all the plastic bumper parts and undercoat and paint them. Well it sounded good yesterday when I started this project. I am by no means a master of the tools but I try, not always with the best results. So long story short the bumpers look great right now but the problem is the undercoat will not harden and when I put the bumpers back on I scratched them up. I don’t think they are going to work out. I am worried about the first time they get mud on them or I have to wash it. Well the good news is now I can strip the bumpers off and on in a hurry now. I am starting to learn my way around it.

Howdy & welcome: Coulda saved ya' some trouble painting them OEM's! Check out the thread on MAKING a stubby........ To combat the water stains Turtle Wax's BLACK ICE is awsome stuff & loved by quite a few here-- no white residue and keeps them OEM's looking good.

But I digress: here are pics of m' stubby. I herculined it and at about 2500 miles+ its holding on there pretty dam good

Old 08-31-2008, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed Rugged Ridge light guards on my headlights, turn signals, side markers and tail lights today. Next on the list is the the kayak grab handle mod.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I glued my right nipple back on...
Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default install

The Nipple install must of hurt a bit.
My install this week. ARB rear diff cover, wheel spacers, rear extent brake lines. More to follow

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?