Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having my Pro-Comp Phase One 4" Suspension lift installed with the MX-6 shocks.

Tires were rubbing against the rear sway bar after installation with the stock 18" rims.

Was NOT ready to buy new rims and tires yet.

Went ahead and got some Pro-Comp 7023 18" x 9.5 and I'm reinstalling my original tires on those for now.

Pictures to follow..........
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cim330
Ham radio installed
That's what I did last weekend! I got my Icom 706mk2g setup in the Jeep. I'm using an LDG antenna tuner and a 102" whip for HF and a cheesy little dual-band antenna for VHF/UHF. What's the make and model of your rig?

KB5ASW

Control Head:

Radio and Antenna Tuner:

Antennas:

Last edited by Geko45; 08-15-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Been busy this week, now have custom Rock Sliders & a custom front D44 Truss. The slider system welds to the existing Rubi sliders with two brackets that tie into the frame and setup in a way for easy weld removal when I ditch the body lift down the road and re-weld once it's dropped. My girls are excited about being able to get in the back easier.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sasquatch
been busy this week, now have custom rock sliders & a custom front d44 truss. The slider system welds to the existing rubi sliders with two brackets that tie into the frame and setup in a way for easy weld removal when i ditch the body lift down the road and re-weld once it's dropped. My girls are excited about being able to get in the back easier.
showoff!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Somebody get a new welder?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
showoff!!!!
brother I haven't done squat to sasquatch in over a month, it was my turn finally
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
brother I haven't done squat to sasquatch in over a month, it was my turn finally
I hear that. I get the same way. A little voice in my head says " you haven't bought Jeep parts in a while. Time for ssome new stuff. " Then there's the other voice that says " If you keep buying parts for that thing, you're going to be sleeping in it," but we won't talk about that.

I'm only kidding by the way, she just looks at me with disgust when i tell her how much i just sent on something. I actually told her that I was going to sell the Jk and buy a new Challenger and you know what her first response was? "Will you have to add anything to it?"

Ok sorry for the hijack, as I've said before your mods are great! I need my A To Z Fab rails so that i can post here again.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
I hear that. I get the same way. A little voice in my head says " you haven't bought Jeep parts in a while. Time for ssome new stuff. " Then there's the other voice that says " If you keep buying parts for that thing, you're going to be sleeping in it," but we won't talk about that.

I'm only kidding by the way, she just looks at me with disgust when i tell her how much i just sent on something. I actually told her that I was going to sell the Jk and buy a new Challenger and you know what her first response was? "Will you have to add anything to it?"

Ok sorry for the hijack, as I've said before your mods are great! I need my A To Z Fab rails so that i can post here again.
Thanks again, they don't understand why we can't just leave stuff well enough alone sometimes. But I must say my wife and I agree on the mods we do, to the house, the landscaping and the Jeep, she's great when it comes to all that...she loves playing in the Jeep and half the time she's the reason I modify it
Old 08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geko45
That's what I did last weekend! I got my Icom 706mk2g setup in the Jeep. I'm using an LDG antenna tuner and a 102" whip for HF and a cheesy little dual-band antenna for VHF/UHF. What's the make and model of your rig?

KB5ASW
Yaesu FT8800R.. dual band.. still waiting for the Diamond SG-7500A antenna.

How do you mount the head unit? I am still looking for good spots for the head unit and mic.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cim330
Yaesu FT8800R.. dual band.. still waiting for the Diamond SG-7500A antenna.

How do you mount the head unit? I am still looking for good spots for the head unit and mic.
I went to Wal-Mart and got one of those GPS window mounts. I put a bend in it such that it's propped up by the dash and the suction cup doesn't have to carry all the weight. Works like a champ and I can easily throw the whole thing in the glove box if I want it hidden. As for the mic, it's just a standard mic hook with foam tape placed between the middle AC vents (I don't have power windows or locks).

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?