Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Damn! That' s purtty! You armour-all your whole tire?
No it is called Wet Tire I had it in a car show. Took 2 days to get it cleaned up.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by def9112
I installed my LOD Offroad SS series Bumper

Attachment 11135

Attachment 11136
That is a great looking bumper!!! How is it when you put the spare on, rattle at all??
Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default new speakers and head unit

I installed the new kenwood DNX8120, with the GXM30, Backup cam, Fosgate t6 amp, Morel components in the dash and sound bar, sub are coming next weekend.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Installed Rubicon Rock Rails on my X, nothing special, but makes it look complete and finished. none of the naked under seems showin now...
Old 07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default new speakers and head unit

I installed the new kenwood DNX8120, with the GXM30, Backup cam, Fosgate t6 amp, Morel components in the dash and sound bar, sub are coming next weekend.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pagoda
Installed Rubicon Rock Rails on my X, nothing special, but makes it look complete and finished. none of the naked under seems showin now...
DUDE!!! BAD IDEA!!!! DO NOT USE THOSE SLIDERS !!! THERE IS A GUY HERE HIS NAME IS MATT. HE'S A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE AND WE JUST DID THE SNOWSHOW JEEP JAMBOREE. THE MOUNTS FOR THE RUBI SLIDERS ARE A SINGLE PLATE STAMPED MOUNT. THE MOUNTS FOR THE FACTORY SIDESTEPS ARE DUBBLE PLATE STAMPED MOUNT. THE RUBI SLIDER MOUNTS BEND LIKE A BEER CAN WHEN USED FULLY. HERE ARE MY HOME MADE ROCK SLIDERS MADE FROM MY FACTORY SIDE STEP MOUNTS. I'D FIND A WELDER AND A SET OF FACTORY SIDE STEP MOUNTS PRONTO.

JUST A WARRNING I SAW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN STOCK JEEP ARMOR IS USED. LUCKY FOR HIM IT DIDN'T FOLD THE DOOR AND BODY TOGETHER. HE HAS A POST OR RIGHT UP ABOUT IT HERE ON THE JK FOURM SMOEWHERE. I'LL SEND HIM A LINE A FIND THOSE PICS OF HIS JEEP AFTER.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i added some ballcock shank washers to my front shackles.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cj2a11713
DUDE!!! BAD IDEA!!!! DO NOT USE THOSE SLIDERS !!! THERE IS A GUY HERE HIS NAME IS MATT. HE'S A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE AND WE JUST DID THE SNOWSHOW JEEP JAMBOREE. THE MOUNTS FOR THE RUBI SLIDERS ARE A SINGLE PLATE STAMPED MOUNT. THE MOUNTS FOR THE FACTORY SIDESTEPS ARE DUBBLE PLATE STAMPED MOUNT. THE RUBI SLIDER MOUNTS BEND LIKE A BEER CAN WHEN USED FULLY. HERE ARE MY HOME MADE ROCK SLIDERS MADE FROM MY FACTORY SIDE STEP MOUNTS. I'D FIND A WELDER AND A SET OF FACTORY SIDE STEP MOUNTS PRONTO.

Removed pictures for smaller quote size.

JUST A WARRNING I SAW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN STOCK JEEP ARMOR IS USED. LUCKY FOR HIM IT DIDN'T FOLD THE DOOR AND BODY TOGETHER. HE HAS A POST OR RIGHT UP ABOUT IT HERE ON THE JK FOURM SMOEWHERE. I'LL SEND HIM A LINE A FIND THOSE PICS OF HIS JEEP AFTER.

Dont count them out just yet. One experience doesnt make them bad.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rubicon-step-bars-15418/
Old 07-23-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cj2a11713

I have used the rubicon rock rails a lot and I am pretty happy with them.
They have taken abuse from Gilmer, Tx Holy Cross City Trail, Co and Moab, Ut.
I have bent the mount a wee bit after coming down on a rock full force but over all I think they are made very well.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I UNDERSTAND THAT ONE BAD EXPERENCE DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY'RE ALL BAD. BUT YOU CAN'T ARGUE THE FACT THAT THE SIDE STEP MOUNTS ARE TWICE AS STRONG. I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE 2. I'M A METAL FABRICATOR AND WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THE WAY THE SLIDERS MOUNT PERIOD. BUT WHEN I SAW WHAT THEY'RE MADE FROM I WAS LEFT SCRATCHING MY HEAD. HERE IS THE LINK TO MATTO'S ALBUM. IT'S NOT AS BAD AS I MAY MAKE IT SOUND BUT WTF? DESGIN FLAW ANYONE?
http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...00&ppuser=2021

OOPS,... SORRY BOUT THE CAPS. I TYPE LIKE A CHILD.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?