Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-27-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

With a few days off from work I installed my Crown extended brake lines, and the Teraflex Rock Sliders.

Many thanks to nmjk, I followed his additional directions (Teraflex should include them with the sliders) for the slider install and it went without a hitch.
If anyone is interested here they are from his June 2007 post.

"OK, no guarantees, but I thought the factory instructions were missing a bit.

1. The Tera flex name goes to the front. This allows some seams to clear underneath.

2. Have some help or use a hydraulic lift (that is what the picture shows) to hold the rail in place while the side holes are marked.

3. The tape suggestion that they make is ok, but I did not use any. Take a small center punch or a scribe and make a small indention in the very center of the mark.

4. Start the hole with a very small drill bit, I would suggest a 1/16". Once you have that drilled, use the size they recommend.

5. Use the sert tool to install the serts. Hold the sleeve with a boxed end wrench and use an impact wrench set on low speed and with no more air than 65-70psi. Oil the sert tool with your favorite lube. WD40, motor oil whatever. These serts will start to slightly deform the sheetmetal around them once they are good and tight. If you don't get them tight enough, they could spin when you try to tighten the stainless button head bolts.

6. If you don't oil the sert tool it won't last for 14 holes.

7. If you use a wrench or socket instead of impact, it will work, but is much harder. The impact also keeps it straight.

8. It is not clear in their instructions as to where the lock washers go. The picture I saw of one installed had them on the side bolts. I chose not to put them there for looks. If you agree, you might want to use lock tight on the side bolts.

9. You will need a long drill bit to get through from the bottom, don't try drilling from top and bottom, go buy the longer drill bit.

10. Remove the plastc molding clips (PITA) that hold the molding in so that you can get to the place where you will drill through.

11. Drill holes. Install bolts. Put back molding."
Old 06-27-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmcqueen
what color LED did you use...cant tell clearly from pic
Really?
It is the big red light all over. That way it doesn't mess with my night vision. I mounted 1 more between the rear cupholders pointing up, and it lights up the rear window switches.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

well I was busy this week. I installed a hardRock trans skidplate, AEV bumper, Warn M8000, 1 Set of PIAA 520s on the bumper,1set 510s on the windshield and riddler diff covers.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fishyguy
well I was busy this week. I installed a hardRock trans skidplate, AEV bumper, Warn M8000, 1 Set of PIAA 520s on the bumper,1set 510s on the windshield and riddler diff covers.
lets see some pics....
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

relocated my stock license plate but unfortunately the rear fascia plug is on back order so I have yet to be able to cover the factory hole.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Flashed Jeep with the Hypertech MaxEnergy.
Wow, the speedo is within 1 mph of the GPS reading.
Driveability is much improved as well, not such a big change in 6th, but 5th up a grade at 35mph actually has acceleration.
Now I'm really looking forward to the 5.13 gears!

Here is a photo at the mall (!!!!, Sears, tools, the only reason I ever go there) showing the TeraFlex rock sliders.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepin08
relocated my stock license plate but unfortunately the rear fascia plug is on back order so I have yet to be able to cover the factory hole.
how do you remove your spare if you get a flat??
Old 06-28-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
how do you remove your spare if you get a flat??
just remove two small bolts holding the plate on. I always have tools with me. Takes less than a minute.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ahh this weekend Well I gave myself a reason to get rid of the plastic garbage of a bumper. Left side got bumped by the washout while turning around at Uwharrie, right side hit a tree that grew out of nowhere. Looked all around before backing up and next thing I knew Bang crunch. Yep also gave me a reason to get rid of the Incadescent tail lights right one was cracked along the top left of the lense the light still works but its broken. New corner armor on both right and left rear corners. I had the doors off and well not a good idea if it hasn't rained in a few days to keep the dust down so now I have to get all the dust out of the inside. After going there when it rained and now when it was dry made me realize I have alot more clearance than I thought, or I was so pissed that I broke the tail light that I ninja walked across the top of the rocks... LOL
Old 06-28-2008, 09:00 PM
JK Freak

FINNNNNNNNALLLLLLLLY.............

Lift installed

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...640#post570640

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?