Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 06-18-2008, 04:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neoxxis
Do you have pics of the Antenna thing?
I'd like to push it back so it fits along the windshield but I could not turn the support...
I do see 2 screws inside the body panel but there is no access there for tools...

Thanks!
No pics- I can snap some later today....but easy enough mod. Remove Antenna, Gently remove plastic cover, unbolt the 3 bolts holding the antenna plate down. (IIRC its 7mm bolt heads).... there is a small tab near the 12 O' clock position on the bracket that sits in a notch on the body: I used a rough file to extend/enlarge that notch- then finished with a fine file so the bracket could be rotated back to about the 11 O' clock position. Hold bracket back in place to use as template for new bolt holes (I just opted to use self taping sheet metal screws). Remount bracket, reinstall plastic cover & then re install the antenna.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zak

Where did you get the light switch in between the hazard and esp switch on the factory switch panel? If anyone knows where I could pick that up, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyG
Where did you get the light switch in between the hazard and esp switch on the factory switch panel? If anyone knows where I could pick that up, please let me know. Thanks.
That is the automatic headlight leveling thingamajig on export Jeeps. The domestic ones have the passenger airbag deactivation light in it's place.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Gotta Love Utah

Got her feet wet.....In the river and snow.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
That is the automatic headlight leveling thingamajig on export Jeeps. The domestic ones have the passenger airbag deactivation light in it's place.
I dont have a deactivation light in the place, its just a blank panel. In fact I have no way of knowing when my passenger airbag is deactivated. But I would like to have a switch available for that spot next to my locker switch.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK
just put on the RRC headlight, turn signal, and side marker guards. (I put the tailight ones on last night)
Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
I dont have a deactivation light in the place, its just a blank panel. In fact I have no way of knowing when my passenger airbag is deactivated. But I would like to have a switch available for that spot next to my locker switch.
+1 on that!!! Is there any way we could buy the switch and intall it in the cluster? That would be a great spot for the toggle for when I get the KC driving lights.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Installed a front 44 lastweek!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by neoxxis
Thanks man!
I did not think that the plastic cap was removable...

I guess I'll have to drill holes then...

10-4.
It snaps on/off...it was a bugger to get off....need a real thin pry stick, scrwdriver (WATCH THE PAINT!!!!!) and I worked around the circle until it just plopped right off.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SoCalChuckster
Finally got my KC lights mounted and all wired up. I mounted a set of 8" KC driving lights to my LOD front bumper using a modified bracket, and a set of 8" KC long range lights to a set of Mopar windshield brackets. I also finally got the gas can/cooler racks installed onto my LOD rear signature bumper/tire carrier.

Chuck

What did you do with the antenna ? I can't see it in any of the pics.....

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?