Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*SNIP*

Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep_420

Whats does this?? The cold air intake???
The the filter makes a squeaking sound as it is inhaling air. CAI's do this and throttle body spacers make this noise louder as they spiral the air into the throttle body.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJK07

The the filter makes a squeaking sound as it is inhaling air. CAI's do this and throttle body spacers make this noise louder as they spiral the air into the throttle body.
Yeah I put a throttle body spacer on a buddys F150 and that thing sounded like we had put a super charger in it loud as hell.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kungfucracka

Yeah we were talking about the the brute force cold air intake.
Hey Kungfu, I wanted to mention this to you too for your new intake. I do a lot of wheeling in dusty areas and I bought a pre filter from AEM for my intake. It filters out the small dust particles and blocks anything from getting into the filter. Cost $30 shipped and worth every single penny. It doesn't restrict any air flow either as is designed for this. Just an FYI. I can send you a pic of mine when I get home from work if your interested.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey Kungfu, I wanted to mention this to you too for your new intake. I do a lot of wheeling in dusty areas and I bought a pre filter from AEM for my intake. It filters out the small dust particles and blocks anything from getting into the filter. Cost $30 shipped and worth every single penny. It doesn't restrict any air flow either as is designed for this. Just an FYI. I can send you a pic of mine when I get home from work if your interested.
Is it the little outer wear thing that goes around the filter? Like in k&n atv filter? Is so yeah I would most likely like to see that f you dodnt mind.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Junkie

Is it the little outer wear thing that goes around the filter? Like in k&n atv filter? Is so yeah I would most likely like to see that f you dodnt mind.
Yah, outerwear makes them as well but AEM calls them a pre filter. It's the same thing. I'll snap a pic for you when I get home. Well worth it if you wheel pretty hard or are OCD lol!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

are the throttle body spacers hard to install?? on the fence with the CAI, being told with stock engine will not see that much of performance increase.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeep_420

are the throttle body spacers hard to install?? on the fence with the CAI, being told with stock engine will not see that much of performance increase.
No they are straight bolt on and easy as pie if you a the slightest bit mechanically inclined. With an intake and throttle body spacer, you will notice an increase in throttle response and pickup, but nothing major in performance. I have a AEM brute force CAI with a screamin demon ignition system and dynomax exhaust and it did make a noticeable difference in performance, but nothing like a supercharger or turbo. Might have gained a couple HP, but again, nothing major.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Yah, outerwear makes them as well but AEM calls them a pre filter. It's the same thing. I'll snap a pic for you when I get home. Well worth it if you wheel pretty hard or are OCD lol!
Uh both ocd and wheel hard so yeah I'm gonna need that lol thanks aheah of time for pic.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

Uh both ocd and wheel hard so yeah I'm gonna need that lol thanks aheah of time for pic.
Here ya go:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3216187412.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	234653   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1074337790.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	234654  

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?