Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newer and better tunes!!!!

I replaced my OEM radio with a Kenwood aftermarket, new amp and 10" speaker.......holy crap night and day differance.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stephane87

Can someone help me with this: I listen to different type of exaust on YouTube but didn't find what I'm looking for as "sound". I'm actually looking for this sound that you can listen on YouTube at; Top Gear: Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG.
this is a great exsaut sound in my opinion. Thanks...
Good luck.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by seventrys
I replaced my OEM radio with a Kenwood aftermarket, new amp and 10" speaker.......holy crap night and day differance.
I'm wanting to do the same so bad. My factory stuff blows!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Can someone help me with this: I listen to different type of exaust on YouTube but didn't find what I'm looking for as "sound". I'm actually looking for this sound that you can listen on YouTube at; Top Gear: Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG.
this is a great exsaut sound in my opinion. Thanks...
:rotfl mao2:
I really hope you are kidding.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4fit?
:rotfl mao2:
I really hope you are kidding.
Actually I'm not. I don't like the minivan "sporty" sound. I'm just looking for something nice. That Mercedes for me have a nice sound and wouldn't mind having something that sound similar. Something's wrong with that?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MMMM ordered netting today, maybe ordering fox shocks today as well. Time to upgrade
Old 07-14-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Actually I'm not. I don't like the minivan "sporty" sound. I'm just looking for something nice. That Mercedes for me have a nice sound and wouldn't mind having something that sound similar. Something's wrong with that?
Absolutely, your comparing apples and oranges, if you want that big beefy sound change the engine. You said it yourself "minivan sporty", it's a minivan engine that gets a small rumble from different exhaust systems. Also take into account that most people record the sound of their exhaust as soon as it's on. The sound will change gradually over the first 3 months while it goes through a few heat cycles. As well as people on YouTube are not recording on high quality mics for sound. I would suggest finding some people around you that have swapped and ask to hear it in person.

Good luck.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

You're chasing your tail... though the exhaust plays a roll, it is only as good as what is fed into it. Getting the sound of a big AMG power plant from a Chrysler V6 is like trying to get the sound of a top fuel V8 out of a Honda 4 cylinder.. They are two different sounds even with the same exhaust.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

I have to agree. Just listen the the V-8 trucks with exhaust systems versus a V-6 car or truck... It will never sound the same. It's more about where the sound is coming from (engine) than the system it's running through (exhaust). I personally like the sound of the MBRP systems on the Jk, however on past vehicles (v-8's). I've loved Magnaflow.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd love to have the sound I got from my suburban with a 454 and edelbrock headers, 3" pipes to a flowmaster 40 series muffler then out the back with a 4" pipe. But heck, I'd like to marry a millionaire too, but it ain't gonna happen.

Although . . . anyone cram a GM crate 502 into a JK?

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?