Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 04-30-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I did this week (today actually) is not something I am happy to tell you about. I live in SE Tennessee where much of the storm/tornado damage occurred on Wednesday. My house was missed by about 200 yards, but luck has since ran out. I had the jeep in the back yard this afternoon taking down trees associated with the storm damage when it spontaneously decided to irrupt into flames. Don't ask me why, because I can't explain it. I tied the jeep to a tree, cut a notch in the bottom of the tree, and proceeded to pull on the tree with the jeep in 4WD. Within 30 seconds, the jeep was ingulfed in smoke, followed quickly with large flames. The two fire extinguishers I had recently installed were of little use. So was the water hose. 10 minutes later the fire department was there and my jeep was DOA. The front grille metled off, the tires were seconds away from exploding, the fender flares were looked like candle wax, my custom HID headlights were toast, the hood was fried with paint flaking, the windshield busted, the front interior dash completely gone, mygig wasted, and the softtop minus the soft parts. Not to mention there is 3" deep water throughout. So, now I am in the market for a new jeep, and tomorrow the salvage of usable aftermarket parts begins. Wish me luck.

When I have electricity and internet again in my house, I will post some pics. I am 84 hours without both at this point...
Old 04-30-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG, dude, that totally sucks. I am sooo sorry to hear that. What did the insurance company say? Are they going to give you the insurance money to replace it?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

this week i did a cb install in my center console and added an external speaker for it. also got a fire extinguisher and a new recovery strap.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidmech21
What I did this week (today actually) is not something I am happy to tell you about. I live in SE Tennessee where much of the storm/tornado damage occurred on Wednesday. My house was missed by about 200 yards, but luck has since ran out. I had the jeep in the back yard this afternoon taking down trees associated with the storm damage when it spontaneously decided to irrupt into flames. Don't ask me why, because I can't explain it. I tied the jeep to a tree, cut a notch in the bottom of the tree, and proceeded to pull on the tree with the jeep in 4WD. Within 30 seconds, the jeep was ingulfed in smoke, followed quickly with large flames. The two fire extinguishers I had recently installed were of little use. So was the water hose. 10 minutes later the fire department was there and my jeep was DOA. The front grille metled off, the tires were seconds away from exploding, the fender flares were looked like candle wax, my custom HID headlights were toast, the hood was fried with paint flaking, the windshield busted, the front interior dash completely gone, mygig wasted, and the softtop minus the soft parts. Not to mention there is 3" deep water throughout. So, now I am in the market for a new jeep, and tomorrow the salvage of usable aftermarket parts begins. Wish me luck.

When I have electricity and internet again in my house, I will post some pics. I am 84 hours without both at this point...
So sorry to hear that man! That's unreal!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to my insurance while the fire department was still at my house. They said they would have an agent contact me on Monday, and they think I will have money in hand by the end of the week. I sure hope so, cause I already found a Black Rubicon I want to buy!!! Time for the ultimate upgrade - A NEW JK!!!

Originally Posted by 08GreenRubi
OMG, dude, that totally sucks. I am sooo sorry to hear that. What did the insurance company say? Are they going to give you the insurance money to replace it?
Old 04-30-2011, 06:59 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidmech21
I tied the jeep to a tree, cut a notch in the bottom of the tree, and proceeded to pull on the tree with the jeep in 4WD. Within 30 seconds, the jeep was ingulfed in smoke, followed quickly with large flames.
Were you in 4-Hi or 4-Lo?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default upgrades

I installed my new Ace Engineering 4dr. rock rails, painted my custom license plate for the spare tire to match the colors of my JK. (rescue green & orange)

Oh yeah, and will be installing my Dietech CB mounting bracket for my new Cobra 75 WX-ST.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by just JK'n
Just Bed coated my grill. Came out sweet! My girl friend says it's her favorite mod yet. Haha. Funny thing is it cost me $10.
Who makes that bumper? I like it.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got the hard top off and the soft top installed...FINALLY! No small feat

Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SLVR07
I have a limited slip in the rear but need to lock it some time. What locker do you have in mind?
I am just going to run a stock rubi locker in the rear.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?