Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2.5" Teraflex BB w shocks, 1.5" spacers, 33" Goodyear Duratracs and speedo recalibrated using the AEV ProCal. Thanks Stan @ http://www.northridge4x4.ca !

Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

i finally made up my in cab winch control installed. i also messed up my computer but a few mins un hooked from the battery fixed that it is awesome to be able to control the winch from the inside. thank you to everyone on here that helped me out with the info.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rail Tiedowns

Just found a pair of bed rails that my father in law had on his old truck... cut them down to lenth, sanded, sprayed with a little rattle can bed liner, bolted them to the hard top holes and Boom! I'll have to find a plug or something to go in the other holes but that'll just take a trip to Lowe's...

Oh, and this is just a small piece of the destruction we had here last week during that tornado in Raleigh... It looked like a war zone around the corner from my house and we didn't even have a shingle lift off the roof... We've been counting our blessings ever since!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spryan81
Just found a pair of bed rails that my father in law had on his old truck... cut them down to lenth, sanded, sprayed with a little rattle can bed liner, bolted them to the hard top holes and Boom! I'll have to find a plug or something to go in the other holes but that'll just take a trip to Lowe's...

Oh, and this is just a small piece of the destruction we had here last week during that tornado in Raleigh... It looked like a war zone around the corner from my house and we didn't even have a shingle lift off the roof... We've been counting our blessings ever since!
Those look good....... Do they get in the way when the top goes back on or do you have to remove them ?
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Battlefrog

Those look good....... Do they get in the way when the top goes back on or do you have to remove them ?
X2. Are these soft top friendly? Cool idea!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Junkie

Changed out my gear oil today in prep for the Summer months, used the heavier 75/140 mix and for those of you wondering since I couldn't find the info with ARB diff covers and a dana 30 upfront and the amount of oil is 1.5 quarts in the front and 2.5 in the rear. that's with my set up (lift/ shafts).
Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Nope - it just showed up bare steel and a tag. (The winch fairlead mount did come packaged in a box though.) I guess with no powdercoat to worry about, it doesn't need to be packaged quite as carefully.

I did give it a good look-over beforehand, before signing for it, and everything seems to be good-to-go.
Leaf springs for my CJ7 came like that. Just a tag.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

In reply to the Tiedown questions:

X2. Are these soft top friendly? Cool idea!
To be honest, I really don't know about the soft top since I don't have one... my hard top comes off in April and doesn't go back on until September or October so I typically just keep the Bikini top on... When the hard top does go back on I'll take these off and see if they will fit inside and if not, they'll just sit in the shed until next year haha... Thanks for the compliments guys, easy fix to a common problem in these things.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spryan81
In reply to the Tiedown questions:

To be honest, I really don't know about the soft top since I don't have one... my hard top comes off in April and doesn't go back on until September or October so I typically just keep the Bikini top on... When the hard top does go back on I'll take these off and see if they will fit inside and if not, they'll just sit in the shed until next year haha... Thanks for the compliments guys, easy fix to a common problem in these things.
Fellow NC member wanted say hey hope we can gt a meet and greet going soon ...bedrails look good rescue green ftw
Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Junkie

odyssey battery!!!!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?