Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a gun rack on my 07 unlimited sahara. Used a 4 wheeler rack and mounted to my rear roll cage bar. The one that the rear light is in. I drilled it right into the rollbar and pulled the cloth material up around them. Looks factory! And my assault rifle is hidden near the roof for any prying eyes!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cmthresher
I installed a gun rack on my 07 unlimited sahara. Used a 4 wheeler rack and mounted to my rear roll cage bar. The one that the rear light is in. I drilled it right into the rollbar and pulled the cloth material up around them. Looks factory! And my assault rifle is hidden near the roof for any prying eyes!
you know you have to post a pic right
Old 02-05-2011, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Found out that if the snowmobile trail is just big enough, the JK can can make it down the same trail w ease! What keeps you on edge is the 4' of snow just off the edge.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received Northridge IPF headlights Friday ... installed Friday in 30 minutes
now I can tell my lights are on!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mounted KC Hilites. Now I just gotta wait for the RR A-pillar rocker panel & switches i ordered to get here so I can wire em up!!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Inspire to Install a Tranny Cooler - after seeing the work of a Talented JKer

After reading an excellent write up re: the installation of a B&M Tranny Cooler - from a very talented JKer showing his handy work awhile back - I got inspired. So, I purchased the same unit as he had and installed it today.

Although mine is not nearly as elaborately done as the gentleman's excellently written - and with photos provided - of his "hard-line" installation, I had taken the other route. I 'spliced the 2 lines' with fittings provided and secured the splicing with the supplied hose clamps. Prior to this work, I had gone to Home Depot (and just to be on safe side) had purchased another (6) 1/4x20 bolts/lock washers/nuts, and a package of 3/8" 'double-ended barbed fittings'. I used these bolts with the supplied straps, and bolted the straps to the steel tubular reinforcement, using 2 bolts/strap..on all 4 straps. It's anchored well!!

All-in-all, it went smoothly. After drilling a couple of holes in the tubular bar (running width-wise) to hold the straps to the tranny cooler, and the other end to the cooler, its a very 'secured nit'. When facing front of JK, it is posiioned in the lower left side area of the radiator and sits some 2.5" in front of radiator. I will paint the 'silver straps' when it gets a bit more comfortable outside, but for now - it works well, and one can barely see the 4 (silver) straps provided. in the box.

My only problem was when after splicing one line, I saw that my remaining hose left was not long enough for the 2nd line. Luckily, I had another 12" of hose in garage and had to use it as the hose they supplied - and the way I had run my hose - was about 8-9" too short.

Since the OP did such an excellent job in educating all of us in how to do an A+ job, mine is really nothing too great to show off, and maybe, nothing real noteworthy to tout about here, either. HadNo camera.. (hmm - plan ahead), but I did take a couple of pix with phone. Will try to insert them here in near future.

At the beginning of my little project, I said: What the Hell-Just try it! And, after seeing his work in my mind for days, I began to tackle this task. I'll admit, I'm not too handy with the tools, and lying in the cold 22 Degree weather for longer than I care to admit, I'm glad it's done. No leaks after my 5 mile hi-way jaunt, and I think I had a slightly colder temperature gauge, than before. But hey, it was 22F, already outside and travelling @ 75mph. So who knows if it's really running cooler, now. I'll have to wait for my summer towing of Nellybelle my '71 Renegade. My SOLIDS still wrapped in the boxes are the next task, and with heavier lube for the rear for sure...using Synthetic, (of course). Albeit, I'll wait for some warmer days!

I'm a noob and nknow no one close by. But for those others out there like me (not handy) - as opposed to the hundreds of you out here that are quite Talented and DIYouself-ers, I'll say this to those few guys like me: "See it in your mind & Try it! You'll Just might Like Doin' it"..even if alone.

Learn as I certainly did from the FORUM and: 'Just Do It'! If we fail, we can only Try again! Thanks again to the OP who, did indeed, inspire me! I am grateful to you, sir. Thanks Eddie for making this FORUM, my classroom!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed a new front bumper from Woods!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P2050811.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	124860   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2050810.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	124861  
Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Took my JK for an oil change and surprisingly they picked a good oil filter to stop the "knocking"
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlounderKA
Took my JK for an oil change and surprisingly they picked a good oil filter to stop the "knocking"
What filter did they use?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

JUST PUT SOME REAR ADJ UPPER CONTROL ARMS IN AND THE SPRINGS ARE BENDING OUT TO THE BACK OF THE JK NOT SURE WHY HELP.....
NO PIC's CAMERA NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW...

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?