Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What does this button do?

Old 09-29-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
You're kidding right.. or You didn't get an owners manual.. icon for hill assist.
are you kidding????? That's a bold comment for not knowing.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

That's for the wranglers that have the automatic convertible top option
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the info does it really work or is it just as easy 2 use the break in 4 low myself. I wish I did have $11,000 for that automatic soft top
Old 09-29-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Hill decent control.

It basically uses the anti-lock brake system along with computerized downshifting of the auto transmission to keep control while descending hills.
To clarify: Hill Descent Control does not control the transmission. Instead, the transmission controls what HDC does. In first gear, it holds the speed to about 1 MPH. Second is 2.5 MPH and third is (I think) 7.5 MPH.

Its not a perfect system, but it does work and gives you a bit more freedom to concentrate on your line. Your anti-lock brakes do the same thing, but with just the brakes you control the speed instead of HDC.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ga09jkx
Thanks everyone for the info does it really work or is it just as easy 2 use the break in 4 low myself. I wish I did have $11,000 for that automatic soft top
I use it occasionally. It will bring the vehicle to a stop if you let it. A little unnerving when you are facing downhill on a really step decline and it stops and you need to gas it to move. Feather touch on the throttle.

Quick Reply: What does this button do?