Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

what do you think of these new machined rockstar wheels

Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do you think of these new machined rockstar wheels

Well Santa (the wife) gave me the go ahead at Christmas to finally order wheels and tires and I've been researching ever since. Today I came across this new style black machined Rockstar 18" wheel at RimzOne online and at first glance I think I really like the contrasting colors this has versus the regular black. Any other opinions out there? They are taking pre-order now and not shipping until April according to the site. The other wheel I have been looking at is the XD Monster in black 18" also. And just for the record my jeep will most likely be used as 95% mall crawler / 5% camping or driving out on the beach this summer. Thanks for the feedback

Old 01-14-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they would look sweet on a silver jeep

but like always with that size rim you need to remember the 50% rule with the tire to have decent air down capability.

I dont think I would ever spend that much money on rims that I knew would be scratched up and beaten on. If you have the coin go for it
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'm not into the contrast between the rim and the center cap. if it was all machined i'd say go for it, but i'm not diggin the two-tone. the black monsters would be sweet though; i'd go that route over these guys.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by norcalJK
i'm not into the contrast between the rim and the center cap. if it was all machined i'd say go for it, but i'm not diggin the two-tone. the black monsters would be sweet though; i'd go that route over these guys.
Looking at your sig it says Steel Blue and if thats the case I would agree with the above. Straight black, to me, would look pretty nasty (nasty being sweet) on a steel blue jeep.

The contrast on these are cool however I think they would be better on a black or silver jeep.

But really, its your jeep, so get what you want. . . . . . .
Old 01-14-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

too pimpy....

the blingier stuff is the more likely it to get stolen as well...

that being said I love the two tone and I've got these on my jeep
Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Are you going to wheel? If you like the two-tone and you wheel, consider all black. They'll be two-tone soon enough ... that isn't mud on the driver's side front tire--that's where the metal alloy has been scraped through to bare metal from the rocks.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

I like em.
I think they'd be great on a black or silver rig.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Doiron,

Well I doubt I'll ever hit the rocks, off-road for me will be sand on vacation at the outer banks and dirt roads in the state park or up in the mountains. They might be a little "blingy" as mentioned earlier on my blue jeep that's why I was first leaning toward the Black XD Monsters 18" probably with Nitto Trail Grappler, these just caught my eye
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm probably in the minority but I hate Rockstars. They're ok if you remove the star from the center cap. It just looks so cheesy/Walmart/ghetto to me.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Thumper616
I'm probably in the minority but I hate Rockstars. They're ok if you remove the star from the center cap. It just looks so cheesy/Walmart/ghetto to me.
i think you are in more of the majority forum wide....just not on this thread.

Quick Reply: what do you think of these new machined rockstar wheels