Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What do you think

Old 05-05-2009, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think

This is the grille I am thinking of making in memory of my son Kory who passed Oct. 17th '08. It is going to be wire mesh with a 1 1/2" frame with bolts around it. The tribal sun is from the tattoo he had on his back. The orange was the color his girlfriends always said he looked good in. KD is his initials. There are 24 arrows around it are the years Kory lived and the 64 is a number that means a lot to my wife. The project in memorial of my son is "Go BIG or go home". Soon to order the 6” lift for the 40’s to go under it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep 001.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	23594
Old 05-05-2009, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think that it needs some work still - maybe a second stab at it and keep it simpler. My 0.02.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not feeling the grill portion but man I can't knock what you are doing. I can't imagine losing one of my children. In sticking with your theme go big or go home, I would have that painted on the hood peace be with yo uand your family!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

THANKS FOR YOU OPENIONS!! The tan of the plate of the grille will actually be the same color as the hard top, kaki. The orange on there is a little bright but am planning on a darker not so florescent. The mess will probably be black so the sun should really pop out. I know a lot of people don't like to get away from the Jeep traditional grille but when they made it out of plastic that took away tradition in my book. The plan for "Go BIG or go home” will be a sticker for the windshield and back glass in the same color orange as the sun. I am thinking of getting the sun ghosted on the front doors too. I know the design is a little busy but it is as close to the son’s tat but with meaning. His sun had more arrows but 24 means more. Keep the opinions coming cause I am new to this but I want to do it right.

Name:	newyears200203 060.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	23599
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

webekd,

What do you think of this idea (24 trim stars, mesh-backed custom grille with chrome star)?:

Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

as far as buys or overboard.... not sure there is a such thing in a tribute. As long as there is meaning behind it do what feels right. Can't wait to see this bad boy! subscribed
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry for your son. Sounds like a great idea as memorial.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
not feeling the grill portion but man I can't knock what you are doing. I can't imagine losing one of my children. In sticking with your theme go big or go home, I would have that painted on the hood peace be with yo uand your family!

Kind of on Green's idea...painting that decal on the hood would be sweet....not really feeling the grill cover. Just an idea....add a Stinger front bumper and weld a plate into the middle of the Stinger bar with your Grill design??

I love machine 154 design "Sweet work"....... just add that to the front doors with your Green Jeep would make it look sweet & stand out IMHO.

Again sorry for the loss of your son! I can't imagine losing my little guy!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you guys on your kind words about my son, Kory. Just remember to tell your loved ones you love them as often as you can because he was gone in no time. Didn’t get to tell him goodbye at the hospital. He was 2 weeks from his 25th birthday. Had big plan for his b-day and for the Jeep. Then I lost my dad 5 months later.

It will be the grill not a cover. Machine154 yours is nice but trying to keep max air flow to the radiator. The over size tires and wheels will work everything a lot harder even with regearing. Here is were I got my idea from.

Name:	RX_JeepWragler.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	23610
Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by webekd
Thank you guys on your kind words about my son, Kory. Just remember to tell your loved ones you love them as often as you can because he was gone in no time. Didn’t get to tell him goodbye at the hospital. He was 2 weeks from his 25th birthday. Had big plan for his b-day and for the Jeep. Then I lost my dad 5 months later.

It will be the grill not a cover. Machine154 yours is nice but trying to keep max air flow to the radiator. The over size tires and wheels will work everything a lot harder even with regearing. Here is were I got my idea from.

Attachment 23610

I'm liking this a lot better!

Quick Reply: What do you think