Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

what do you think?

Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have time to sell it privately instead of going through the dealer? You'd be better off and get stock bumpers to throw back on it. That way you can keep the aftermarket ones and put um on a new 4door!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the space and extra added safety i would go four door. I would enjoy the space sometimes and i'm a single guy, with girlfriend, but all her crap when we go camping piles into the Jeep and i can't see otu the back. (okay camping gear) If your wife needs any more convincing, show her the threads of JK's in a "fender bender" and show the other cars.
JK is a tank, two door or four.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I would not even consider a 2 door with a kid. Just strapping the little bugger into the car seat would be a contortionist act. Not to mention all of the equipment that goes along with having a rugrat. You will not be sorry you got a 4 door. Oh yeah,,,,,congratulations!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We did it and couldn't be happier. Perfect for 2 kiddos in the back.

Do it now before a minivan enters the discussion.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just DU EETTT!!! . Tons more room you'll definitely use .

Old 03-15-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have two grandkids, and they Love my Unlimited. As soon as they get over to the house the first thing they want to do is get in and go for a ride.

By the way they are 4yrs and almost 3yrs old.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do it, I love mine, I have two kids one 8 and the other 6 and all they want to do is go get the jeep muddy, and with alot more room to bring picnic, or camping stuff
Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Our first was born in Dec. so from a new father, Congrats on the new addition.

I got the Unlimited when our first was still in the oven. I wasn't a big fan of them when they first came out because I had a TJ and thought all Jeeps only had 2 doors. But practiality won out, and we got a 4 door. Plus, I did not realize how much "stuff" came along with having a baby. Seriously a weekend trip turns into a trek across the tundra. You will need the extra room just for all the baby stuff.

Here's how I think you can sell her on it. Take the baby seat and base, and put the base in your 2 door and ask her to put the car seat in the back. Like I said it will be a pain. I still haven't figured out how you would put a car seat in the back of a 2 door without having go-go gadget arms or being a professional contorsionist. Then take her to do the same with a 4 door. It will be so much easier in a 4 door. And don't forget you're going to be taking that baby seat in and out of the car multiple times. I predict that the ease of use will win her over.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Do it! I traded my 2 for 4DR. No kids though lol... needed room to haul more ladies.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I say yes! I am not married and I dont have kids but still kick myself cuz I know I will be making the same trade in the future.

Quick Reply: what do you think?