Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What a coincidence!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What a coincidence!

I went up the Drummond Island in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We rented a little cabin. When I went into the cabin there was an old jeep ad from a magazine framed and hanging from the wall. It took me a while to realize it but the little cabin I was in was the cabin in the ad! So I snapped some pictures...

Here's the ad

Here's the cabin. There is tree in front of the chimney that wasn't there whent he picture for the ad was taken...

It was gorgeous up there. The color was great...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe that's why the ad was in the cabin?? Just bustin ur balls looks beautiful up there.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lc619fr
Maybe that's why the ad was in the cabin?? Just bustin ur balls looks beautiful up there.
When you are standing on the inside of the cabin looking at it, you don't immediately realize it's the same cabin. I was thinking "Why would they frame this?" Then I though, oh maybe because it looks a lot like their cabin. But then after really looking at it I realized it actually was their cabin. It was just really weird since it's a tiny little cabin in the middle of no-where.

Drummond Island is a great place. It's very off road friendly. You have to take a ferry over to the island. Once on the island people ride quads on the roads without getting hassled, jeeps are everywhere. All the locals wave at you. There is just tons and tons of desolate lake huron coast line. Just pull your jeep up, grab some wood, start a fire and watch the sunset.

Jeep does a Camp Jeep on Drummond Island but I've never made it there.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is so cool
Old 10-22-2008, 04:51 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doc_D
...Drummond Island is a great place. It's very off road friendly. You have to take a ferry over to the island. Once on the island people ride quads on the roads without getting hassled, jeeps are everywhere. All the locals wave at you....
Sounds like paradise. Except for the winter time.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks amazing. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find that cabin to rent and what were the rates like?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very cool!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mbsliwa
Looks amazing. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find that cabin to rent and what were the rates like?
The cabin (as well as other) is owned by the Drummond Island conference center. My girlfriend paid for the cabin as a birthday present for me. She got some kind of special rate. I believe it was right around $110 / night.

Here's a link ...
http://www.drummondisland.com/
Old 10-22-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very cool doc, thanks for the quick reply.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Very cool...Little piece of jeep history

Quick Reply: What a coincidence!