Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What Coilovers are you Running?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ttechris
So much better!! Hopefully by the time I'm done mine sits about the same. I went a bit stiffer in the rear to account for the heavy ass wheel/tire I have hanging off the back.
Thanks! Maybe EVO could get you the springs rates for their plush coils so you could match...I bet 200/250 would be a good starting point with your rig.

This is how I ride on the streets, before I head out to the trails I'll adjust 1" up front and 1.5" at rears to compensate gears / spare / full trektop.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

How does it ride on the road? What did you have before the coilovers?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skumbag
How does it ride on the road? What did you have before the coilovers?
Drives smooth / very stable, like a chevy tahoe or SUV, and these coilovers eats bumps pretty nicely. For example, there's an inclined railroad crossing that everyone slows down to 10-15 MPH, the Jeep likes to go like 40mph over the RR crossing..

I had the 4" EVO plush coils with bilstein 5160s, those were great but were not adjustable and were a little taller than were the Jeep sits now.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

after the results of installing the AGM sliders in the front, had to get the rears to match.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AGM Sliders rear.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	373878  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

I went with Sway-A-Ways. Very happy with them:

Old 10-03-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Drool.......
Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Cali, Ive seen your build thread...its just retardicoulous !! LOL. are those 18" travel shocks, and is it all useable travel??
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
Cali, Ive seen your build thread...its just retardicoulous !! LOL. are those 18" travel shocks, and is it all useable travel??
Yes, they are 18's. 3.0x18triple bypasses and 2.5x18 coilovers at each corner. We don't have it dialed in yet to get every inch of travel - we need to cut some more sheet metal first and fab up some high clearance fenders. (We are trying to keep the center of gravity as low as possible.) Thanks for the comments!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CALIJK
Yes, they are 18's. 3.0x18triple bypasses and 2.5x18 coilovers at each corner. We don't have it dialed in yet to get every inch of travel - we need to cut some more sheet metal first and fab up some high clearance fenders. (We are trying to keep the center of gravity as low as possible.) Thanks for the comments!
That picture was taken on the Old Sluice I presume..would love to run that trail one of these days, maybe with you guys! ...once I get a chance to upgrade the axles and tires of course.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
That picture was taken on the Old Sluice I presume..would love to run that trail one of these days, maybe with you guys! ...once I get a chance to upgrade the axles and tires of course.
Yes, Old Sluice. You could do the main Rubicon trail on your current set-up, but Old Sluice would be pretty tough on 35's. I would be more comfortable on 37's with 2 lockers, but that's just me.

Quick Reply: What Coilovers are you Running?