Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Wet clay is my new enemy

Old 09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Wet clay is my new enemy

I recently took my Jeep on a vacation to Ouray, CO, went up and down a dozen mountains and had no problem at all. I take my Jeep out this weekend at a construction site and I get stuck. The main culprit, wet clay. I read how it's impossible to drive on when it's wet and how true it is.

I drove back to this area, about 1/2 mile back, and realized they ran a creek through it so I went to turn around and get out of there when my front end sunk into the ground. Tried moving but my wheels were spinning.

Called my other Jeeper friend up and asked her to pull me out. She barely has any thread on her tires and unfortunately she got stuck too. We left the Jeeps there over night and spent most of the next day getting them out.

I was able to get her Jeep out with a come-along but while trying the come-along on my Jeep, the wire got tangled inside of the device. Lucky for us a neighbor stopped by and towed my Jeep out with his pickup truck.

I ended up spending $70 all together on a come-along and about 100 feet of tow straps and barely had enough to get the Jeep out. That $70 would have been nothing to pay a tow truck to get out 2 stuck Jeeps.

Decided to share my photos so enjoy and be sure to comment!

PS. This is the FIRST time I have gotten stuck too!

Somehow I got stuck in this stuff.

Other side, not so bad.

This macho picture is for the ladies.

Aftermath:

My poor shoes!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I would'nt get near that stuff, I dont think much could have made it through decent attempt though.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where was that at? I know of a construction site near my parents place where they were re-routing a creek. I wonder if it was the same place.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Nice......that is slick, I try to avoid that, but I will be feeling your pain when you spend hours cleaning that out from under your JK.........A winch is your best friend and a worthy investment.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Man....looks kinda like my first time getting stuck!....check out this thread

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/show-your-whoops-stuck-pix-30473/

Old 09-14-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

nice... looks like nasty stuff!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:47 PM
JK Super Freak

A decent set of tires (not that those aren't good, but they don't work too well in that terrain) like some Boggers and a little bit of ground clearance and you'd have been fine.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 PM
JK Super Freak

WOW, THATS SOME NASTY STUFF. reminds me when i got mine stuck too. wished i had a winch then also, but live and learn just like every body else.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by texmexjeeper
WOW, THATS SOME NASTY STUFF. reminds me when i got mine stuck too. wished i had a winch then also, but live and learn just like every body else.

even if you had a winch i don't see a anchor point for miles and miles!!
Old 09-15-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A winch and a pull pal are great for when you get stuck.

Quick Reply: Wet clay is my new enemy