Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Well, I think I just bought one...

Old 04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I think I just bought one...

I went to a dealership this morning to look at a JK X Unlimited - black on black. I'm pretty sure the keys will be in my hand either Monday evening or Tuesday evening.

It came with a Sunrider soft top, but I really wanted just the Freedom top. I currently have an '05 Rubicon with dual tops, and really didn't want to deal with the dual tops again, only because I don't really have space to store the hardtop when it's off, and like the look of the hard top on the Jeep, but the convenience of the soft top....lol

So now they are ordering me a hard top, and I'm either sucking it up and having both tops, or I'll be selling the Sunrider top....haven't decided. I dropped the side steps (for now) - dropped the tow package (for now) - went with the 6 speakers system (for now, I see a thread here....) - got the Power Convenience Group, got the Customer Preferred Package 24S, the 17" wheels, and it happened to be automatic and have a locking fuel cap. No Sirius, but thats ok....it has the MP3 capability in it, so I'll be good with my iPod.

I just have to work some numbers with my bank, and hopefully I'll be driving off with it soon. I'm happy to be able to join the JK community finally!!

Kelly
Old 04-21-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kellykell9
I went to a dealership this morning to look at a JK X Unlimited - black on black. I'm pretty sure the keys will be in my hand either Monday evening or Tuesday evening.

It came with a Sunrider soft top, but I really wanted just the Freedom top. I currently have an '05 Rubicon with dual tops, and really didn't want to deal with the dual tops again, only because I don't really have space to store the hardtop when it's off, and like the look of the hard top on the Jeep, but the convenience of the soft top....lol

So now they are ordering me a hard top, and I'm either sucking it up and having both tops, or I'll be selling the Sunrider top....haven't decided. I dropped the side steps (for now) - dropped the tow package (for now) - went with the 6 speakers system (for now, I see a thread here....) - got the Power Convenience Group, got the Customer Preferred Package 24S, the 17" wheels, and it happened to be automatic and have a locking fuel cap. No Sirius, but thats ok....it has the MP3 capability in it, so I'll be good with my iPod.

I just have to work some numbers with my bank, and hopefully I'll be driving off with it soon. I'm happy to be able to join the JK community finally!!

Kelly
Boy Kelly,...you sound like one happy Guy,.....and it's only just begun....
Old 04-21-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Boy Kelly,...you sound like one happy Guy,.....and it's only just begun....

LOL I'm a happy girl!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

LOL I'm a happy girl!
OOPs,...I appoligize......you are one happy GIRL then
Old 04-21-2007, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you should know before you buy-- if you plan to tow a trailer behind you, you'll want to hold out for a model with the tow package option already in place. The tow package from the factory comes with the 4.10 gears instead of the 3.something; if you add the tow package after the fact, you won't get that benefit for the $$. It's a great deal if you can find one with the option.

That said-- if all you want from the tow package is the receiver hitch to put a bike rack / ski rack / extra storage, then this isn't a concern.

Either way, the JK is a great vehicle from what I've experienced and I'm sure you'll love the one you've already found. Just drove around today with the hard top off, I'll be posting my own Show & Tell thread soon!
Old 04-21-2007, 03:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Congrats. Hope it works out for you.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

...it has the MP3 capability in it, so I'll be good with my iPod. ...
Congrats on the new JK, Kellykell9! I do want to point out that the .mp3 capability is not related to being able to connect an iPod (or Zune, as my son would have it). It just means that you can drop in a CD with .mp3 files on it and play them (my preferred choice for music listening).
Old 04-21-2007, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Congrats on the new JK, Kellykell9! I do want to point out that the .mp3 capability is not related to being able to connect an iPod (or Zune, as my son would have it). It just means that you can drop in a CD with .mp3 files on it and play them (my preferred choice for music listening).

Pardon my lack of technical jargon, but it had the iPod jack thingy in it..... maybe I just called it the wrong thing?

After reading about all the troubles/kinks that the JK has to work out, I'm still on the fence if I'm actually going to purchase this JK or just wait out the summer until the '08's come out and hope that DC has fixed the problems..... I know it may just be a small percentage, but with a last name like Murphy, usually I fall into the small percentage!

Either way, I'm sleepin' on it and I guess I'll figure it all out in the end as to what I'm ultimately going to do.....

I really do appreciate all of the knowledge on this forum, it's VERY helpful!!
Kelly
Old 04-21-2007, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tedlick
I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you should know before you buy-- if you plan to tow a trailer behind you, you'll want to hold out for a model with the tow package option already in place. The tow package from the factory comes with the 4.10 gears instead of the 3.something; if you add the tow package after the fact, you won't get that benefit for the $$. It's a great deal if you can find one with the option.

That said-- if all you want from the tow package is the receiver hitch to put a bike rack / ski rack / extra storage, then this isn't a concern.

Either way, the JK is a great vehicle from what I've experienced and I'm sure you'll love the one you've already found. Just drove around today with the hard top off, I'll be posting my own Show & Tell thread soon!

Hey Tedlick -
Thank you for that information. More than likely, all I would need the tow package for would be for the few times that I would need extra storage, but with the Unlimited, I think I'm in better shape storage wise than I currently am right now with my 2 door Rubi!
Kelly
Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 AM
JK Junkie

What I want to know is, why hasn't this: "" been done yet? This is the show and tell forum.

Quick Reply: Well, I think I just bought one...