Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

welding frame?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default welding frame?

Welding to the frame. What precautions should I take (if necessary) before welding on my frame. Ie disconnecting battery ect....
Old 01-17-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure that you will get different answers. Welding is a big issue in the facilities where I work. Since it isn't possible to disconnect sensitive equipment. Make the ground connection as close to the work as possible. Grind the paint off of the area being clamped by the ground lead.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on grounding as close as possible to where you are welding, and I`ve been told also to disconnect the battery, lots of people said they have done it without disconnecting the batt, but it only takes a few minutes to do.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well that answered that. Three people can't be wrong. Thanks much appreciated

Quick Reply: welding frame?