Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Welders...

Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Combat Jump

Default Just bought a Miller 211

After using a Lincoln WeldPak 100 (in MIG mode) for 13 years, and struggling to get good penetration on even 1/8th Inch steel, I bought a Miller 211. This MIG operates on either 110 volts or 230 volts. I am in the process of welding up some custom side steps for my 2009 Rubicon out of 1/8 steel, and the 211 has plenty of heat to make great welds - even on 110 volts. I considered buying the Miller 252, but decided I wouldn't be welding a lot of 1/2" steel. The 211 also offers dual voltage versatility.

I got a good buy from Indiana Oxygen, no tax, free delivery, and great customer service.

My $0.02
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Combat Jump
After using a Lincoln WeldPak 100 (in MIG mode) for 13 years, and struggling to get good penetration on even 1/8th Inch steel, I bought a Miller 211. This MIG operates on either 110 volts or 230 volts. I am in the process of welding up some custom side steps for my 2009 Rubicon out of 1/8 steel, and the 211 has plenty of heat to make great welds - even on 110 volts. I considered buying the Miller 252, but decided I wouldn't be welding a lot of 1/2" steel. The 211 also offers dual voltage versatility.

I got a good buy from Indiana Oxygen, no tax, free delivery, and great customer service.

My $0.02
I've got the Hobart (also made by Miller) version of that machine; the Handler 210. One difference is that it is 220 only. At any rate it is an awesome welder; it strikes a nice arc and runs smoothly. For me 180 is a minimum and 210/211 is better. An advantage of the bigger machines is that the duty cycle is much better. I've not yet had any duty cycle issues. Now if I was a production shop I'd say the Miller 251/252 or something like it would be better.

Quick Reply: Welders...